May 7, 2015

Florida Vacation Final Thoughts

First thing Monday morning (April 13th), we headed to the airport and flew back to GA. We had a wonderful time, but we were very tired and ready to get home.

After we landed, we hopped on the ATL airport plane train and somehow got an empty car. Bri thought it was cool...

5 days, 4 families, a junior high school visit, lots of laughs, way too much food and a stroll down memory lane. Awesome.

This was a very, very ambitious trip. A huge thank you once again to Doug and Bri for doing all the things I wanted to get in during the trip. And another huge thank you to everyone that hosted and visited with us while we were in town.

This was a huge bucket list trip for me. I have been back to Miami/Ft Lauderdale a few times over the years in very short spurts. I might get to see one family here, another there or no one at all. But this time, I managed to get a lot of visits in. And I got to meet some amazing new friends too.

My main regret - that I didn't get down to see my grandmother again in person before she passed. I had not seen her in person since Briana was 2. Life got busy and it didn't happen. I really had hoped to see her this year when I visited but things didn't work out that way.

We were so busy on our trip, we almost needed a vacation after our vacation! But, it was really worth it. It truly was a wonderful trip.

1 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

You packed so much in Lisa, no wonder you feel like you need another break! But I totally get why this trip was so special to you :) Was great to see what you got up to!!!!

I felt exhausted after our Ireland break too, so much so that we have just booked a week in Portugal once the schools break for Summer, lol!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails