April 24, 2016

A Health Update


Yep - it's been two weeks since I have blogged again. That seems to keep happening. Life has been a bit stressful lately (per usual right?).

The last time I talked about my health, I said that everything was ok ~ because that is what I assumed. And everything is ok thank goodness, but I had to go through a few health tests to be absolutely sure. 

Before I left my general practitioner's office several weeks ago (the day I had the shifted rib), I was told that the EKG results from my physical last year would be compared to the EKG I had done that day and that they would contact me with results. It took 7 days to get those results (I wrote my "struggling" post in the middle of that 7 day wait). I am quite sure that I only got results because I finally asked them why I hadn't heard anything. I honestly think my GP forgot to examine and compare the EKGs. Since I hadn't been contacted with any kind of urgency, I assumed that no news was good news. I was wrong about that.

After my inquiry, I "miraculously" got results the next day. I was told that there was a small "blip" on my second EKG. A "blip" can mean nothing (the test just screwed up) or something (an issue with blood flow, etc). My practitioner recommended I go see a cardiologist. I was pretty dang ticked that I waited an entire week to be told there was an issue. (Believe me, I let them know how unhappy I was about that.)

Of course, it takes a while to get in to see a cardiologist. So I stressed as I waited for my appointment obviously. The cardiologist that I ended up seeing was great. He gave me yet another EKG during my initial visit and it came out totally fine. No blip at all. During my visit, I explained him that I had a family history of heart disease and also talked about how my good friend passed away suddenly of a heart attack at 51 years old.

Since I had come in to see him and had some long time nervousness about heart health, he suggested I schedule a stress test. I asked if I could also schedule a heart screening (calcium score) - that was something I had been wanting to do forever. I needed to do it for peace of mind.

So over the last two weeks, I saw a cardiologist, I did a stress test and a heart screening and also visited my chiropractor to keep my neck and back in check. And I also threw in my yearly mammogram just for kicks - heh.

All the heart stuff came back totally normal. No blockages in my heart. Everything looks a-ok.

I'm breathing a sigh of relief tonight. The strained muscle pain in my chest and shoulder has finally subsided for the most part as well.

So, I'm hoping to get back to some normalcy again. I have tons of blogging to do. I just haven't been in the right frame of mind to blog. But, I have some posts coming again soon. 

Pinky swear.

3 Kind Words:

Michelle said...

Glad everything checked out ok. I'm trying to stay on top of some health issues as well. It's tiring.

Debbie said...

So glad your are ok my friend! Dx

Always wear your tiara said...

you were missed but you've had a lot going on lately so I didn't like to bother you but I was thinking about you. Im glad you have been checked from elbow to appetite and are well. Now take a break to enjoy yourself and relax from all the stress.

Related Posts with Thumbnails