Twenty-five years ago today, Doug and I went out on our first official date.
We attended our senior prom together ~ as friends. As you can see above, we weren't hugging or holding hands. We were both quite nervous because we were definitely crushing on each other and this was an important, expensive first date.
We attended our senior prom together ~ as friends. As you can see above, we weren't hugging or holding hands. We were both quite nervous because we were definitely crushing on each other and this was an important, expensive first date.
I told our official "first date story" in my "20 years together" post.
I'm so grateful to that the "other guy" that refused to take me to the prom. That rejection pointed me to the path toward my soul mate.
I'm so grateful to that the "other guy" that refused to take me to the prom. That rejection pointed me to the path toward my soul mate.
I still have all our prom memorabilia (yes, I keep everything)...
Below is the group of friends we went with. I (and Doug) kind of orchestrated all that too. We helped pair everyone up so we could all go together. (Unfortunately, we don't have contact with any of these people anymore.)...
The night was absolutely magical, especially for a girl that didn't have a lot of dating experience.
I was able to attend the most important dance of high school with a guy that I really liked...
I was able to attend the most important dance of high school with a guy that I really liked...
After that night, we became a couple...
We have literally grown up together ~ we were so young when we started dating (I was 17 and Doug was 18)...
We have learned so many lessons and have made so many mistakes together...
It took 6 years (4.5 years of dating and a 1.5 year engagement) to finally tie the knot...
We've laughed together...
We've mourned together (this picture was taken a few days after my first miscarriage - I managed to give a smile)...
We've traveled together...
We went all the way to China to bring home our daughter together...
We have stayed on this relationship roller coaster ride with all of its ups and downs. We have experienced unbelievable highs and weathered many storms...
And today, we are stronger than ever...
Happy 25 years to the love of my life ~ a wonderful husband, a devoted father, an excellent provider, a super successful, kick-ass IT security regional manager/sales engineer and my best friend.




















4 Kind Words:
Happy 1st Date Anniversary to my love of a lifetime!
what a wonderful love story and it's only just started. ( I was oging to say only just begun but yuck....to corny) cheers to so many many more.
Awe - Happy 1st Date Anniversary! I teared up reading this (and your prom story). Love me a good love story!
What a lovely post Lisa...you are made for each other!!!
Post a Comment