It's been a little while since I talked about my furry child. Miss Mei Mei has been my little sidekick through all my medical issues. She actually likes when I am not feeling well because she gets extra cuddle time in bed with me. She's a calming force for sure. I prayed for another super loving cat like my Asia kitty (who got me through my infertility struggle). Mei Mei is that cat - for sure.
When I pulled the muscle in my back, I put on my tens unit for some relief. Mei was extremely helpful to me when she put her head in the case and fell asleep...
Mei is super attached to us. She wants to be with someone in the house at most times. When Doug or I leave the house, even if one of us is still in the house, we will hear Mei cry at the garage door downstairs. She hates when one of us leave (it's kind of heartbreaking really - I can only imagine when we all leave together). She grabs her "babies" (her angry bird toys) and brings them around the house. They are her comfort. The angry birds are to Mei Mei like pink baby is to Bri.
Seriously, she adores these stuffed birds (Bri plopped one on Mei's head)...
And you know how I hoped that Mei would come to love Bri. Well, she really does now. One of Mei Mei's favorite times of day is when Bri comes home from school and she hinders helps B do homework (she is not supposed to be on the table, but it's so dang cute)...
I had to take Mei to the vet last week because she had an eye irritation in the left eye. She winked at me for about a week (and it became red and watery too). At first, I was thinking she scratched it a little or that she was suffering from allergies. But, it lasted too long for my liking. The vet did an examination but didn't see a scratch. She gave me an antibiotic ointment and sent me on my way.
After just a day of ointment, Mei's eye was open again. I am not sure if she had something in her eye bothering her (like a small hair) and the vet got it out somehow or if the ointment helped, but she's better now. Thank goodness.
Oh and even more good news. Mei is down a half of pound since our last visit. Remember when Mei gained weight because she had been prescribed the wrong food? Well, she is on the right food now and I am monitoring more closely the amount she eats. My vet is very pleased. She's got another 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound to go, but she's on her way.
Mei Mei is such a part of our family now ~ it's hard to remember when she wasn't here. She has been the perfect addition to our little family.



1 Kind Words:
She obviously loves you all too :)
Post a Comment