August 14, 2017

Briana's Vacation

I'm finally going to start blogging about our summer break! I'm only two months behind on blogging - no biggie!

While Doug and I were living it up in Rhode Island in early June, Briana went to stay with my parents. She had her own vacation at the Gramma and Papa Resort. ;)

She definitely got enough food at my parents' house!

Spaghetti - one of her favorites...

Sitting in Nana's (my great grandmother's) rocker...

She made huge large hot fudge sundaes...


A McDonald's stop...

Bri and my mom visited the cemetery my grandparents are buried in...

More food! Pork loin for dinner - another favorite...

She washed cars with Papa...



And made some cash doing it...

Bri and Papa's tradition of "hide the jelly from Papa" once again...



Lots and lots of time spent with Gramma - talking, laughing, snuggling...


And Bri attended cousin N2's 5th birthday party...







And I guess there was some sleeping involve too (heh)...

When I called on Saturday to check in with Bri, she got on the phone and groaned. Literally groaned. Then she whined, "But I don't WANT to go home yet! Wahhhh!!!" I felt happy and a bit hurt at the same time - lol! I was happy she was so comfortable and having a blast with Gramma and Papa, but I was hurt at the same time because she really wasn't missing me all that much! I told her she still had a couple of days before Daddy and I were coming home - so she needed to chill out. Heh.

I think by the time we got home though, she was missing us!

I'm very grateful to my parents for giving Briana such a fun time. I never have to worry at all about her when she is staying with them. And she barely misses her poor parents. :)

Next, I'll start blogging about all the things we did this summer. I think we found a good mix of being busy/entertained and finding some relaxation time too.

1 Kind Words:

Always wear your tiara said...

Grandparents are the absolute best I loved staying with mine when my folks went away.

this blogging thing is now called slogging in my head!! Can't seem to do it anymore. good for you for being such a trooper with it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails