August 17, 2017

Father's Day/Birthday Recap

It's the middle of August and I'm just talking about Father's Day and my birthday now. Dang I'm so behind!

Doug had quite the "Star Wars" themed Father's Day. Heh.

We got him the infamous Chewbacca mask. I have to admit it is pretty dang funny. Bri was hilarious when she tried it on...

Just listen...


Bri's really wanted to give Doug a facial for Father's Day (don't ask me why) and he obliged...

What a trooper!!!

For dinner, Bri and I took him out to his favorite Cuban restaurant...


This was my dinner (nom, nom, nom)...

The Saturday before Father's Day, I hosted my family for our annual Father's Day/Birthday get together. Because my sister's and my birthday always land right around Father's Day, we crunch things together and it just makes life easier!

Father's Day celebration...

We brought in Mellow Mushroom for lunch...

Doug and my dad getting bottles of wine...

Then it was time to switch gears to birthday mode...


My sis and me...


My family seriously spoils me on my birthday...

 My actual birthday landed on (Monday) the first day of Bri's sweets/cake decorating camp. My friend Amy was so nice to bring and pick up the girls from camp that day...

For lunch, I wanted something quick and easy (since we were having a nice dinner that evening). We went to this hot dog joint not too far from my house that had been there like 4 years and I had always wanted to try it...

The hot dogs were delish...


The owner gave us free fried oreos (waaaay too rich for my liking)...

Seriously - four days after I discovered this place, it shut down. I shut the freaking place down!!! LOL! How did that happen? I guess I at least got to try it. Sad - it was really yummy.

That evening, we had plans to eat at a particular restaurant and it didn't work out. We were told there was only a 20 minute wait and it actually started nearing an hour with no end in sight. I wasn't happy that had to happen on my birthday. (I complained later and got a gift card - so all is good).

Luckily, this little restaurant saved our evening...


They served really good tapas and the place wasn't crowded at all...

We got home and I blew out the candles of the cake Doug made me...

Doug got me two beautiful paintings that I had admired while we were in Rhode Island. Such a surprise (click pic to see larger)...

And then Briana gave me her gift. My mom had bought it for her and asked her to fill it out. All on her own, she filled out each and every page. It seriously had me doing the ugly cry...





There was the restaurant hiccup, but otherwise is was a great day. And the sky gave me a gift that evening too...

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails