August 10, 2015

8th Week Of Summer Vacation (Jacob's Ladder Camp)

This is the camp Bri looks the most forward to every summer. Bri went to preschool at Jacob's Ladder, and every summer, they offer a summer camp. Each day of the week, they do a different theme/activity. I think Bri likes it so much because it is close to home, it is comfortable and very laid back, and she is with her friends. Sadly this year her friend Mary was not able to join in the fun, but she was still able to be with her friend Imerie.

Bri was all smiles that Monday morning...

Cooking was the theme of the day - and you all know Bri loves to cook.

The next day (Tuesday), the kids got to sew (which is right up B's alley). Bri came home with this super cute pillow she made...

 That evening, Bri and I went to dinner with her friend Mary (and family) to celebrate M's gotcha day anniversary (Doug was out of town)...

Wednesday, Bri told me the theme of the day was Spanish. It was probably her least favorite day because she said it felt too much like school - heh. That's my gal.

That afternoon, we invited friend Meredith to come over and play...

Minecraft was one of the things the girls did that afternoon...

And that evening, Miss B lost tooth #15...

Thursday, we picked Imerie up and took her to camp with us...

Music was the theme of the day and the kids made flutes and noisemakers...

Finally, Friday came - and that is always the BEST day. It is water and bubble day, and the kids wear their bathing suits to camp so they can get wet in the sprinkler and blow huge bubbles...

A big thank you to my friend Val for taking the bubble pictures for me...


And here is a cute little dance they did to keep busy until the parents came to pick them up...


Bri had a blast that week. I always feel comfortable and happy when I drop B off because I know she will have a great time.

I picked Bri up on that Friday afternoon and took her home. Once Bri was dropped off, I took off for my own weekend time alone. Bri hugged me goodbye and asked me not to go. Ugh. It's so hard because we are hardly ever away from each other. 

Taking time for me that weekend was desperately needed (I wish I had a little more time, but I'm not complaining). I took the trip at that time knowing the two week emotional roller coaster was straight ahead (as well as the busyness of school starting back up). I already was feeling very edgy, so adding all that "roller coastering" without a break would have been not so good. The time away did help.

I'm so glad I did - finally.

1 Kind Words:

Always wear your tiara said...

you lost me at tooth umber 15! Rosie has lost 8. Maybe this will be a busy 6 months for her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails