May 5, 2016

More School Stuff - Wax Museum, Meeting An Olympian and Ice Cream Party

For several weeks, Briana and her classmates had to research a historical figure of their choosing for the 4th grade living "wax museum."

 Briana chose Pocahontas ~ and I had to help her come up with a costume. She looked so pretty, didn't she?

The 4th grade parents were invited to a special early showing in the morning before the students from other grades started coming through to visit. The kids all looked kind of nervous and they were so cute trying to stay as still as possible in their poses.

The parents were told to tap the historical person on the shoulder and they would tell you an important fact. Doug and I went around the room and listened to all the kids. They did a great job - they were all super prepared.

Bri gave us a little smile...

Bri said her leg fell asleep after a little while in this pose, so she had to shift.

Look at this great room of kids...



I was a super proud mom...

 The kids were living wax figures for about 2.5 hours. That is a long time! Bri said it was fun, but it was tiring. She was kind of glad when it was over so she could move her body again.

The kids worked really hard and it showed. They all looked amazing. What a really neat memory they made.

And a few weeks ago, Briana got to meet a Jamaican Olympian at running club practice. She got to meet Dominique Blake...

She gave the kids a motivational speech...

Bri's coach sent this pic ~ it is quite blurry. But, you can make out Bri in the green...

That was such a cool experience for the kids...

And last week was the last running club practice for the 2015-2016 school year. Bri coach once again held an ice cream party for the kids.

Bri and her friend Meredith eating ice cream...

Meredith, Bri and Lauren...

Playing with hula hoops...

Time to get all the 4th and 5th graders together for a pic. Bri spotted me...

Awesome group of kids that love to run...


I scooped so much ice cream that afternoon (and a lot of it was rock hard) that I actually had a sore arm the next day!

Unfortunately, Bri didn't get to run a 5K this spring season. Her soccer schedule made it too difficult to get to any races this year. I am hoping that we can make it work in the fall. Even so, she loves to train with her coach. She absolutely adores her. I'm so grateful that Bri is able to be in this club. Next year she will be one of the 5th grade "top dogs."

I know she will miss it so much when she eventually moves on to middle school.

2 Kind Words:

RamblingMother said...

Her wax figure self looks great. She made a good Pocahontas

Debbie said...

Gorgeous Girl :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails