June 30, 2012

Blueberry Pickin' - Year 5!

It is that time of the year again!!! Blueberry pickin' time!

This year Briana and I headed to Blueberry Hill - the patch we had gone to for a few years. Last year we went to another farm, but unfortunately, the frost North Georgia had in April killed off their crop. So, we went to Blueberry Hill once again this year.

If you want to read about our past blueberry picking trips - just click ~

Year 1
Year 2
Year 3
Year 4

Here is Briana in her red, white and blue ready to go...

 We usually go picking with our friends Kathy and Chani, but they were heading out on vacation, so Bri and I went it alone.

I knew the patch was opening on Thursday and when I called to verify, I was told they would be open Thurs - Sunday. I was worried though that if I showed up on Friday that they might be picked clean already. I attempted it anyway. We got there super early and the gate wasn't even open yet. There were a number of groups already there that were going in around the gate (this is basically just a "mom and pop" patch with about 9 or 10 rows of trees) and starting to pick. So, Bri and I followed and started picking. A lot of the lower branches were picked over. Looked like little ones had been picking on Thursday. There were lots of berries on the higher branches though. Bri picked low and I picked high. I also bent some branches down a bit so she could grab the berries...





Some of the trees are in the shade and some in full sun. It was already pretty warm in the sun, so we tried to stay in the shady places...







There definitely weren't as many berries available as in years past, but we ended up with about a half of bucket. Not too shabby. Bri was happy...

There wasn't anyone around to take the money today, so I left several dollars in the bucket sitting on the counter to cover the berries and left.

My sister and I made plans for Briana to meet her new cousin and spend the late morning/afternoon at her home after our blueberry picking.

Here is Briana helping to feed the baby...

Briana and Cousin N playing iPad together...

And I got to snuggle with a bundle of goodness...

After spending time with my sister, my mom and nephews, Briana and I drove home and I washed all the berries...

Guess who couldn't keep her hands off of them... :D


2 Kind Words:

Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

Sorry to have missed picking with you. We may attempt it when we return. Perhaps those green ones will have turned blue by then. :)

Sherri said...

oh how I would love to go blueberry picking. I love them and I don't always buy them.

Briana looks adorable in her red white and blue.

Related Posts with Thumbnails