January 14, 2016

Atlanta Botanical Gardens ~ Garden Of Lights

I highly recommend going to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens at Christmastime. The Garden of Lights display is just beautiful. It was our first time seeing these lights. Usually, Doug, Bri and I go to Chattanooga (Rock City) to see Christmas lights each year. We had traveled a lot in 2015 and had been to Chattanooga many times over the years (and Chattanooga reminded me of my friend Carole too - which made me a bit sad), so we tried something different.

I'm so glad we did. It really was amazing. And since we were in town, we invited my parents to come along too.

Bri was ready to see the lights...

It was going to be a bit chilly that evening, so Bri bundled up...

The gardens opened at 5 - but it was still light outside. We weren't sure how crowded this event got, so we wanted to get there when it opened.

The entrance...


Even with the sun just going down, the gardens were beautiful. I am glad I got to experience it both in the light and the dark...

Bri and I were excited to start walking around...

First, we stopped at the mini train garden...

It was really cute (great for kids to watch)...




Then we sat down for a few minutes to drink some hot chocolate...


Photo opp time...



We headed toward the conservatory and orchid center. Since that was inside, we decided to hit that first. We really wanted to see the Christmas lights when it got dark outside...

There are these amazing colorful globes that are lit and synchronized to music sitting right in front of the conservatory...



Once inside, there were beautiful poinsettias, orchids, topiaries and lights...




There was a huge Christmas tree made of plants...

Group family photo...


After going through the conservatory, we came back outside and it was finally getting dark...

The light displays were amazing...






This tree was lit by a revolving color wheel...



We stopped by the globes again and watched for a while. This was one of my favorite parts of the visit...







Watching the globes...


Large light tree on top of a reflecting pool...




Bri and daddy clowning around...




This fountain was breathtaking...

Walking through the snowflake forest...


Below, you will see another one of my favorite parts of the visit. The Mother Earth statue was covered in lights...



 
Frog pond...



Everyone was walking around with these cool light up necklaces ~ Bri just had to have one...

After walking around for a couple of hours, we were hungry. We made a quick stop with my parents to the Ok Cafe.

Bri decided ice cream was going to be her dinner...

And she snapped a pic of me...

It was such a great evening. I will definitely visit the botanical gardens again at Christmastime. I think I may actually go again the spring or summer just to see all the blooming flowers and trees in a different season.

1 Kind Words:

Always wear your tiara said...

Oh my, it is gorgeous. I want to go.
when we were in Georgia a few years ago, Lily was 3 we went to an amazing garden with a massive butterfly enclosure it was stunning. Ill have to find out where it was.

Related Posts with Thumbnails