We were giddy with excitement! After Bri's school party, we checked her out of school and headed to the movie theater.
Doug scored tickets for the opening day of the new Star Wars, and I'm sure you are not surprised. You all know what huge fans we are of Star Wars (especially Doug and Bri).
This was my profile picture on FB for almost two weeks before the movie opened...
This is how we told Briana we were going...
Doug and Bri were re-watching the movies to make sure they were caught up (Briana singing the Imperial March is so stinkin' cute)...
Finally the day came. So exciting...
See the kid behind us (above)? That little turd talked through the whole movie. And he kicked Bri's chair too. And his parents talked too ~ they were all rude. I can't tell you how many times I asked them to shut up. I wanted to get up and have them removed, but I knew that would ruin the whole experience for everyone, so I sucked it up.
Then some man in our row got up and walked in front of us to get some popcorn right as the words were scrolling at the beginning of the movie. I am not even kidding you. After 10 minutes of coming attractions. I thought only die hard fans would go to Star Wars the first day. Obviously not.
Despite the distracting family behind us and a few hiccups, we all agreed the movie was still awesome!
We grabbed some dinner afterward ~ Bri couldn't stop talking about the movie. She absolutely loved it...
Remember this scene from "The Empire Strikes Back?"
Well "Miss Fancy Pants Star Wars Geek" texted me the next morning from her iPad...
Star Wars was so good, we agreed that we would go see it a second time (which we did - more on that another time).
Definitely a BB8 thumbs up!










0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment