January 18, 2017

Briana's Fall 5K

A blog post! Woo Hoo! Finally!!

At the end of Oct, Briana ran another 5K - her 3rd 5K race. She wasn't able to run in the spring due to her soccer schedule, so it had been a year since she had run a race. She didn't do her best her previous 5K, so she really wanted to prove herself this race. We were up very early - it was still dark outside...

Bri's friend was supposed to run the race with her, but she got sick and wasn't able to attend. Bri was sad but completely understood. These were some of the kids from running club that did attend the race (people could wear costumes for Halloween - thus the skeleton in the picture - ha!)...

Bri's running club coach made them warm up...


Bri had not run this race before and it was laid out to go through a little town and park. It wasn't in an enclosed area like her two previous races had been. She got really nervous about running without her friend. I talked to her coach about her nervousness and she said Briana could stick with her during the race.

Here they were ready to go...

Bri's running club coach runs races quite often and she is quite quick. I was so proud when I saw Bri keeping right up with her as they got close to the finish line...

Bri was super focused for this race...



She finished in 31:06!!!!

Gulping water...

So happy, proud and enjoying some bubbles being blown...

She earned that shirt (photo bomb by a running club friend)...

Smoothie bike station...

Bri actually had a soccer game right after the race, so her soccer coach didn't play her as much as usual because of that. Guess who got perturbed about that? Yep - Miss B. She ran a whole 5K and still wanted to play a full soccer game. I wish I had that much energy!!!

A few days later, running club had their end of the season ice cream party...

Bri running around with her friend Meredith...

This is Bri's sweet friend that had to miss the 5K. I hope they can run one together in the spring...

This week, Briana is "student of the week" in her class. She had to fill out a newsletter to be displayed in the classroom. In one of the areas of the worksheet, she had to choose her "hero." She chose her running club coach...

Briana starts middle school in about 6 months (gulp) and I am so sad that she won't be in running club anymore. I will have to see if middle school provides some sort of running activity, and if they don't, I will have to find something outside of school for her. Her coach made me promise to keep her running. Bri will miss her sooooo much next year!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails