I was devastated to learn over the summer that our favorite family farm was closing and moving to a new location. The farm at the new location will now only host field trips and special events, like weddings, reunions, and such. I believe the old location was sold to become part park and part subdivision. :(
I had no idea our 2015 visit (our 8th visit) would be our last.
The girls loved going every year (click the picture below to enlarge)...
No more corn maze...
No more measuring on the oversized yard stick...
No more hayrides...
I was so sad. But, I'm grateful for all the great times we had there.
There are other farm locations with corn mazes, but due to the distance of those farms, my illness and hectic October schedules, we just couldn't make it happen. So, we decided to have a bowling get together for the girls in early November instead.
Stars and Strikes it was...
We arrived first; then Chani and family...
Then Maisie and family arrived...
The girls were ready to bowl...
Chani and Bri desperately wanted to play laser tag after bowling; Doug and Matt joined them...
Everyone in our group that didn't play laser tag was welcome to come into the room and watch. I tried to catch some of the action...
They had a blast! And they were very tired after running around!
Then Bri and Chani did some bumper cars...
It was finally time to eat something. Look how grown up the girls are...
Of course, they had to stop and play some video games before going home...
It was a nice compromise since the farm wasn't available to us anymore. I sure did miss our farm adventure though.
Hopefully, we can find a way to get together next year. It may be bowling again, it may be something else. It definitely gets harder each year to pick a date with everyone's schedules being so busy in the fall. I'm just glad we were able to make it happen ~ I had been so sick, I wasn't sure I would be able to get there at all. But I did, and for that, I'm grateful. I absolutely love seeing these girls growing up and having fun together!

















1 Kind Words:
Looks like fun had by all!
Post a Comment