(Above) ~ Bri and I watching a movie in bed on New Year's Eve.
(Above) ~ Doug and Bri posing for me during New Year's Eve dinner.
I've been gone too long. I know it. It's been a very busy, and at the same time, tough holiday season for me.
My sinuses continued to slowly heal over the month of December, and I was finally beginning to feel a bit better about my situation. My taste and smell seemed to be returning to normal. Then, I got socked with a horrible head cold (along with double pink eye) on Christmas Day and my taste and smell disappeared again for a few days. I was in bed, sick as a dog, the week after Christmas. Thank goodness Doug was off work that week because he took care of and entertained Briana while I was sick. By New Year's Eve, I was finally beginning to get my strength back, and I was able to leave the house to have a quick dinner with Doug and Briana.
The horrible ordeal with my sinuses led to some big anxiety issues for me unfortunately. I decided to get some counseling to help deal with the anxiety, and it has been helping me. The horrible cold did make me feel like I was backpedaling - which was quite frustrating. Slowly but surely, I am trying to work my way back to a good place once again. Some depression has set in a bit, and I'm still anxious at times, but I'm really trying to work through it. It's all been (and this sounds kind of dramatic) ~ traumatic.
I really wanted to blog during the holidays, but all my strength and mental ability went toward focusing on all things Christmas. I wanted to try my best to make a good Christmas for Briana. I managed to go to Chattanooga for a weekend trip, sent out Christmas cards, decorated my whole house, took Bri to see Santa Claus, attended a white elephant Christmas party, attended Bri's school Christmas party, chaperoned a school field trip and wrapped more gifts than I even want to talk about. For someone battling anxiety, that is all quite an accomplishment. Each and every little thing I accomplish is what I now call a "small victory."
Bri is back at school and Christmas is over. I am going to try to get back to blogging. I haven't truly blogged in months - which means I will be blogging about things that happened in Sept. This is Bri's scrapbook, so I want to catch up. I apologize in advance if you are reading a Halloween recap in February.
On a quick side note, Mei Mei just had hernia surgery and is recovering nicely - thank goodness. (Just a little bit more added stress.)
So, I'll hopefully start blogging again next week. I have several doctor's appointments scattered throughout the week (including seeing a new ENT), so I'll see if I can squeeze it in.
We are expecting snow tonight, so we will probably be home all weekend (hopefully playing in the snow).
I'm praying for a much better 2017 than 2016!!



1 Kind Words:
So good to hear from you. 2017 is going to be a banner year I'm sure. xoxo
Post a Comment