
I just made a promise to myself that this will be my last consignment shopping spree for a little while. But boy did I get some great stuff! I actually went on my spree a week ago Saturday, but I haven't had a chance to post anything about it. I have been so busy this week that I haven't really been able to concentrate on blogging. Between work, updating adoption documents and doing the final paint touch ups on the nursery, I am behind.
I was supposed to meet Kathy at 8AM at the church that was sponsoring the sale. I pulled into the parking lot and got a call from Kathy who was stuck on a closed interstate due to an accident and being forced to go on a very out of the way detour. She decided it would be best to turn around and go home because there was no way of knowing when she could actually get there. I totally understood, but I realized at that moment I lost my "wingman". There was no one to go into the sale with me to help me monitor my spending!
I stood in front of the door to the church, took a deep breath and walked in. When I first walked in the door, there was the cutest ladybug backpack just waiting on a table for me to pick up (which I did). Then I saw rows and rows of little girl clothing - pajamas, overalls and dresses - oh my! I bought a bunch of really cute items, yet I managed to walk out of the church with money left in my wallet! I would say it was a successful morning!

4 Kind Words:
Hooray!! Congratulations on successful consignment shopping! Looks like you got some cute stuff!
I am so so sorry that I didn't make it. Stupid Atlanta traffic! HA! Glad that you had a good time anyway and found all the wonderful stuff. - BTW I have the same ladybug backpack!!!
Have a great week and I'll see ya Sat.
Kathy
Sorry I missed it too!
See you Saturday!
Very, very cute!! My neighbors constantly rave about these consignment sales at local churches and I still have not gone to one yet. If you ever need another shopping partner, just let me know! I'd love to help you monitor your spending ;).
Post a Comment