First thing Tuesday morning, Doug and I left the house at the crack of dawn to head down to the immigration office in rush hour Atlanta traffic to renew our fingerprints. Traffic was nasty, but we managed to get to the area where the office was in about an hour. Our appointment was at nine, and we were just under an hour early.We were going to meet friends Kathy and Matt at the immigration office because we had the same appointment time, but on the way Kathy called me on my cell saying she forgot her ID, they had to go back home to get it and they would be late for their appointment. Doug was hungry, so we decided to stop at Chick-fil-A for breakfast and hang out a little. We then headed down the street to the office and got there about 15 minutes early. They let us in the building, but only after we brought our cell phones back to the car because they are not allowed inside. The whole thing (including wait time and fingerprinting) took about an hour.
Just as Doug and I were about to leave, Kathy and Matt entered the building. From across the room, we waved, wished them luck and headed out. I am SOOOO happy to have fingerprints done. It stinks that we had to spend another $140 to get them done though.

3 Kind Words:
Ugh...I hope my return to the fingerprint office goes as smoothly. We're up in January! blugh.
Only the government can get away with this double dipping stuff!
I know it was a bummer that we didn't get to wait together. We only waited about an hour too. We won't count the drive time! HA
Kathy
Post a Comment