Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and though Briana is not home with me this year to celebrate like I had hoped, I do have a lot to be thankful for.I am thankful for my wonderful husband Doug. I am truly blessed to have my soul mate and best friend by my side through thick and thin. I am also so thankful for my wonderful family (including my mom, dad, sister Amy, both my grandmas and the list goes on and on) and friends (old friends and new friends). I am thankful for my kitty Asia because right now she is my only child, and I love that I get to hug and cuddle her every day.
I am also thankful for what this China adoption process has brought to my life. Though this process is long and frustrating, it has been a completely different experience for Doug and me. The infertility process was terribly isolating, but through the adoptiong process, Doug and I found a community that is so supportive and friendly. I have really enjoyed meeting new people at adoption gatherings and also meeting new blog buddies online. And I am so grateful that I met and became friends with Kathy and Mick this year. They are both amazing women who are so much fun, and I am lucky to know them. I am also glad that I got to have lunch with Georgia on Monday, and after our three and a half hour marathon chat, I am happy I got to know her better. I look forward to more lunches in the future! (And luckily we were not kicked out of the Longhorn!)
So for everyone celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, I hope you all have a very happy one.

7 Kind Words:
Happy Thanksgiving. :-)
Mmmmm...Flo's filet and endless chatter. What a great way to spend the day! I really enjoyed lunch the other day. Next time, we'll invite the boys
Have a wonderful Holiday.
I agree that the adoption community is incredibly supportive. Happy belated Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to you both! Adoption is certainly incredible ...in all kinds of ways!
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I agree, I also met very nice, supportive and wonderful people (like you) during this adoption process and I'm thankful for that.
Michaela,
Orlando, FL
I was linked to your site from someone else. We live in Kennesaw and are also adopting. Our website is www.thechristopherfamily.blogspot.com
Nice to meet you
We're lucky to have you guys as friends too. It's great having all the support of the adoption network to help us along this journey. Happy Thanksgiving, although I'm a bit late in posting.
Kathy
Post a Comment