September 13, 2007

Pneumonia

Yep - that is what I have. In my last post on Sunday, I thought once again I was feeling better. Then Monday came. I felt like I was relapsing. I broke down and went to the doctor yesterday. I am in the early stages of pneumonia.

I have never had pneumonia in my life. But I guess when you go to China sick, come home from China and get the stomach flu, then get a chest cold two weeks later - the body starts to break down.

I am on antibiotics and have an inhaler, and I have to stay in bed now. I must get better to take care of Briana. My mom and Doug are really stepping up to help me, but I feel so guilty. I want to take care of Briana myself - I just physically can't right now.

I will post again when I am feeling much better...

32 Kind Words:

4D said...

I am sorry to hear that! That is rough. Take care and feel better soon.

Hugs!

Keep smilin!

Stephanie said...

You poor, poor thing. Jason went through the same thing when he returned from Korea. My advice, rest up and take the help from others. I know it's hard but it's necessary.

Unknown said...

Sending good thoughts that you start to feel better soon.
Donna

Unknown said...

Hope those meds kick in...Hope you are feeling better soon

RamblingMother said...

So sorry to hear you are so sick. Hope you start rebounding soon.

Beverly

M,R,J1,J2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M,R,J1,J2 said...

I'm sorry to hear that. You poor thing. That's what happened to me in December (just before we went to GA for New Year's). My doctor gave me a choice - hospital or bed rest at home. The antibiotics they gave me were mucho powerful and I felt better after 2 days of being on them.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Hugs,
Micha

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you went to the doctor. I hope that you got ahead of the pneumonia and don't get any worse. So glad we visited with you, Doug and Briana when we did. I thought you beat the 'cold'..... Hmmm, just a cold would have been nice....

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh, I really hope you get better soon, girl. You are having a trial by fire, that's for sure! :-)

OziMum said...

Oh no! Sounds awful. I hope that with some bedrest, you are back on your game soon. Saying a prayer for you!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Ugh. I wish I lived closer so I could come and help you. Do you have friends or church members that could bring you meals? I know it's hard to ask for help but believe me, people LOVE to put together a meal or two. Doug....are you reading this? Call a few friends and have them make your meals for a week---they'll be happy to help.

((((((((Feel better)))))))

Kim said...

I am soo sorry..
Hope you get better quickly..
Take care
Kim

Deb in MT said...

So sorry you're so sick! That's exactly what happened to me last October when we returned from China. Do your time in bed now and get all the rest so that you'll recover for good.

Hang in there and let your family help out!

Big hugs for you & speedy recovery!

Debbie M.

Abby's Mom said...

I'm so sorry. I know it is hard but you will have to let your self rest and heal. It sucks though. Hope your feeling better soon.

Colleen said...

I am so sorry. I wish I lived closer to help. Please take this time to rest and accept all the help you get offered. Sending hugs.

Lisa~~ said...

Oh you poor thing, I know your pain first hand and know how difficult it is but get well and then you will be able to be there 100% for Briana. If you need anything, give a call.

dawn said...

I am so sorry that you are so sick. Of course you want to take care of Briana yourself and you can once you are better but don't stress about it cos that will only make you worse. Rest and re-coup.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.....for good this time

Headmeister said...

OMG girl, when you get sick, you get SICK! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for a very quick recovery! And remember - LET PEOPLE HELP YOU! You're sick, you need to get better!

Hugs to you chica!!! HUGS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Get well, Lisa! I'm so thankful Doug and your mom are there to help out.

Tracy said...

Oh sweetie, I am so very sorry. I know this is not how you wanted to start motherhood (and of course, this is one of my big fears, too!) Please take care of yourself and try not to beat yourself up about it. You just need to get better.

Hugs.

Tracy

kitchu said...

I KNEW IT!!! So glad you know and now it can be treated and you'll be rid of it! Feel better my friend.

Lilly said...

You poor thing! I hope you turn a corner for good.

C's Mom said...

Ugh! Poor thing...feel better soon.

What's up with you Atlanta gals and the sick China connection. Lisa S and now you too!

Deb said...

Oh you poor sweet girl, I hope you are feeling better really soon. Thinking of you.
Loving the pictures below, she is so happy!

Krista Dolan said...

Sending positive energy your way.....

Liene said...

Ugh, so sorry to hear about that. I had pneumonia about 7 yrs ago and a pretty bad case so I was hospitalized for it. They kept thinking it was just a bad cold. Boy were they wrong. Pneumonia seems to be pretty bad this year because I know a lot of people around here whose kids have been hospitalized for it this summer alone.

Glad you have Doug and your mom to help but I know how hard it is to have to stay in bed and not be able to take care of your kiddo. I'm an old pro at that with all my illnesses including a horrible staph infection that left me hooked up to a portable IV pump for almost 6 weeks!!! Not easy keeping up with an 18 month old when you're just so exhausted from the antibiotics being pumped into your body 24/7.

Wish I lived closer because I'd love to help you out with that cutie but alas, I'm 3 states away and that doesn't do you any good.

Get better soon because I want to read all about Briana's antics!

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

I am so behind on everything! I thought that you were better and now this ~ how awful! I hope that by the time you read this you are doing better :D

Ladybug hugs,
Debbie

Kim said...

I have been thinking about you...
Hope you are getting better...
My thoughts and prayers are with you...
BIG BLOGGER HUGS...
Kim

Noemi said...

Long time Lurker... Maybe I have commented once or twice. I just wanted too see if you where feeling any better. Hope so....

Tracy said...

bstwabnjThinking about you and hoping you are on the road to recovery.

Tracy

Jewels of My Heart said...

So sorry you are feeling so bad. Thank goodness you went to the DR. I pray you are better soon. I can only imagine how hard it is with your baby girl home and you being so sick. Hang in there and God Bless

dawn said...

Just checking in. I hope that you are well on the way to being all better again and spending lots and lots of time with Briana

Related Posts with Thumbnails