February 8, 2008

6 Random Things/Quirks About Me

I was tagged by Trixie! Here are 6 random things/quirks about me.

Here we go...

1. I don't like doughnuts. I really, really don't. I can look at a Dunkin' Donuts and not care a bit. I know - it is strange.

2. I had a terrible overbite as a kid and wore braces from age nine to eleven. I swear I could put my whole fist in my mouth with my teeth clenched.

3. I can say the alphabet backwards just about as easily as I can say it forward. I am full of talent.

4. I have a temper. Yes, I do. I know some of you will be shocked. When someone does me or someone I love wrong - I am like a pit bull.

5. I love "Hair Band" music. Yes, I'll admit it. I own the "Monster Ballads" and "Monster Madness" CD's. I went to high school during the height of the hair band craze. My hair was as big as theirs. The songs bring me back to when I was 17 years old. Poison, Motley Crue, Warrant - but Bon Jovi still wins my heart.

6. I was on the pep squad in the 7th grade. Not that the pep squad really did much - we pretty much just backed up the cheerleaders. I guess I could consider myself a "popular" kid when I was in junior high, living in Miami, FL. But then I moved to Georgia when I was 13. I was very different than the Georgia folk. I dressed differently, talked differently and was going through that awkward chubby stage of my life. It was tough making new friends at first. Let's just say I never tried out for cheerleader in high school. My popularity days were pretty much numbered at that point. Ok, I won't say I was necessarily "unpopular" or teased in high school, I kind of just blended in. But here is a picture of me in my "popular" days! LOL! (I am bottom row, second from the left).

Now I am supposed to tag six people, but I think I will tag only three like Trixie did.

Here are the rules:
* Link to the person that tagged you.
* Post the rules on your blog.
* Share 6 non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
* Tag 6 random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
* Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

13 Kind Words:

Tracy said...

Hair band music!! I am a closet hair band fan. It was not cool to like Duran Duran AND hair bands, so I was mostly a DD fan. But Love Song by Tesla is one of my all time fave songs. And I have seen Great White and Def Leppard in concert. Oh - I changed a fact on my blog since you read it. It says I worked briefly in Japan in 1996 (I had said 2006 - but no - it was 1996) :)

Anonymous said...

I remember that hair! We all had it. I remember when you were the new kid. Quiet and nice I think was the consensus. I just can't quite bring myself to fathom that it was 20 years ago.

Plus, a lot of the popular kids at our school were just plain weird. ;)

Headmeister said...

In order:

1. I really don't either. I used to, but now they make me want to hurl. HOWEVER, I guarantee that you would love one type of donut: the fried biscuit donut. I made these last week and they're an old family favorite. I'll post the recipe on my blog soon (heh - what recipe... you fry premade biscuit dough... it tastes like zeppoles!)

2. I would never have believed it! You've got some gorgeous choppers!

3. I can barely say it forwards...lol.

4. I totally do not believe you. Nope. And I never will...lol.

5. OMG you and my hubby should hang out sometime. I HATE hair band music with the fiery passion of a million blazing suns. Him? He adores it.

6. Pep squad? Now THAT I DO believe!!!!!

Kris tagged me for this too, so I'll be happy to oblige!

Kim said...

LOVE IT!!!
I will post mine sometime this weekend..
Thanks girly..

Pug Mama said...

#4------are you willing to be hooked up to a lie detector test to back that claim up???? I know you, you are the sweetest person I know, and I know your sister and who on their right mind would try to stand her up?!
okay...this is going to be a very hard challenge for me to do, being that I have done it about 3 -4 times during the life of my blog. I will take this weekend to think of some new things, or I'll just grab some old stuff to compose my list of.

Two Kayaks said...

I love that you have a temper! Why? 'Cause I have one too! And...hair bands rock! Literally. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh i can say the alphabet backwards too! Strangely, I say it faster backwards than I can forwards!

Colleen said...

Hee-hee. So with you one #5!!!

Heather HATES Bon Jovi....what gives with that?? And I still love her...go figure

Anonymous said...

It was so great to read all those cool things about you. And I had no idea what hair band music was- you learn something new every day!
Blessings,
Shay

Mick said...

AHA!!!! I knew you had a dark side... LOL

OziMum said...

I don't even know what Hair band music is!!!

Well the braces must have paid off, coz you have gorgeous pearly whites!

How cool - in the pep squad!!! We don't have pep squads here - I was usually "on" the team! I played tennis, soft ball & netball.

C's Mom said...

Heh, cute. Look at your peppy self!

I'm not a fan of the doughnut either...unless it is covered in chocolate ;0)

Steffie B. said...

heck...I still have big hair....it just won't leave me! lol And I must admit I ( not my butt) loves donuts! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails