August 14, 2008

Taking A Little Break From Blogging

Look at the shirt that Doug found for Briana. It says "I'm A Social Butterfly". Ain't that the truth!

Below are some pictures that I snapped of Briana the other day. Sometimes I can't believe how much Bri smiles and laughs. When I see her smile, it makes me so happy. I guess Doug and I are doing something right! :)

Well, I have decided to take a short break from blogging. I have lots of things in my life to catch up on and lots of playing with Briana to do. I spend a lot of my time blogging, and I think it is the right time for me to go on a little hiatus. It was very important for me to chronicle on this blog as much as I could about Briana's first year with me and Doug. Now that we have hit a year, I feel now that I can slow down just a tad. And I just realized that on Briana's gotcha day anniversary that I have been blogging for two whole years. WOW. This blog certainly became much bigger than I ever dreamed it would, and I have "met" more wonderful people online than I ever imagined. I won't desert you for too long. Maybe a couple of weeks - if I can last that long! And I may still lurk at some of your blogs in the meantime!

I am leaving you with a few pictures of my beautiful, smiley girl before I go.




And before I take my break, I want to say a big THANK YOU to my bloggy gal pal from The Long Road to China. She sent Briana the most beautiful shirt and adorable beach bag for her birthday a few weeks ago. Oh, and I got a special gift too! I definitely plan on using the bath fizz while I am on a break! Thank you so much my friend!

See you all on the flip side! Be back soon!

26 Kind Words:

jntandkid said...

we'll miss you! Have a great break...

t~ said...

Briana has a smile that could light up any dark room. Enjoy your time away and come back when your ready. Thanks for sharing 2 years with us! It's been a joy!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Have a good break...but come back! I'll miss ya!

4D said...

SO grateful and happy to know you and share these last 2 years with you.

Keep smilin!

M,R,J1,J2 said...

Enjoy your blogging break. Have fun playing with your "social butterfly", which I'm sure you will.
Hugs,
Micha

Anonymous said...

I will miss you so!!! But certainly understand ~ and will look forward to your return.

Lisa, is just the sweet lady. I love the birthday present she sent to Briana! Precious.

Hugs for now~

Krista

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you...so don't be gone too long!! Enjoy the break...and come bck with more Briana photos and wonderful tidbits to share.
~Patti

OziMum said...

LOVE Bri's new tee shirt! I have a little sleepsuit in the cupboard with "social butterfly" on it!

Will miss you all! But totally get the need to get things done!

Abby's Mom said...

I will miss that smile but I can relate. There is not enough time in my day's since Abby. Give us a fix once in a while tho :)

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

I know what you mean and breaks are a good thing - like a vacation :D
Have a good break and can't wait to see new pic's when you come back :D
Ladybug hugs,
;D

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I love her Social Butterfly shirt!!!

We are going to miss your updates and your comments, enjoy your break, but don't stay away too long!!!

I am glad the you liked Bri's gift!!

kitchu said...

Enjoy your time away- don't be a stranger to those of us who live for that beautiful Briana smile!

Special K said...

I'm with the majority opinion here. Enjoy the break...but don't make it permanent. LOL!

RamblingMother said...

have fun and re-charge, will miss the updates.

Kim said...

I will miss ya girly..
LOVE the pictures of Briana..
she is darling..
Have a Great Time..
hugs...

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Enjoy your break!

BTW love the butterfly beach bag!

Donna said...

Enjoy your bloggy break...looking forward to catching up when you get back!

Anonymous said...

I know it has not even been a week yet, but I am missing you already!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa I sure understand where you are coming from!!! Enjoy your break and will miss you.

Sharon said...

I will miss you and hope you hurry back but totally understand and you should take all the time you need. Thanks for the pics they are beautiful, she is beautiful!!!!

Liene said...

Lisa, I'm on the verge of another break too. With schoolwork, selling a house, I can't keep up with reading or posting on my own blog. It's just crazy and I'm ready to just blow my brains out (figuratively speaking of course). I don't know if I'm coming or going.

Please keep in touch with me via email. We're still trying to figure out when we're going to be moving. We've been trying to figure out for weeks with no luck. But I want to meet you when we head to ATL to go house hunting.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

And a butterfly she is... have a good break

Julie said...

Enjoy your break but come back soon!!

Deb said...

Sweet shirt! She sure is changing in her looks again, just seems like last month you came home with her.
Enjoy your break.

Tracy said...

I will miss you, but I feel about the same as far as when we hit one year. Plus I am not sure how long Charlotte wants me blabbing about her online ;)

Braina is so beautiful - she gets more adorable in every post. And I envy her hair!

DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

Lisa, Thanks so much for your sweet comments. I really appreciate the prayers...believe me!! I am looking forward to being well and having Emily Grace I get together with you and Briana for a play date.
Hope that is soon,
Amy

Related Posts with Thumbnails