I went on Briana's school field trip last Tuesday. My very first one as a mommy. We went to the North GA State Fair (yes, again), but in the day, only the animal part is open - the petting zoo, etc. It was one of those Briana's attitude-y days that I told you about. It took her a little while to warm up to being there, but about 15 minutes after we got there, she started enjoying herself. The boy that she has had a crush on since last year is in her class again this year. His mom asked the kids to hold hands for a picture. It was so adorable. We didn't realize they wouldn't let go for a while...
We saw all sorts of animals - chickens, turtles, horses and cows...
But there were a lot of big animals too - like camels, tigers and elephants...
To be honest, seeing those big animals in those cages made me very sad. I did not feel comfortable with it at all. At the Atl Zoo, the animals have freedom to roam. Here - not so much. No one else seemed to be bothered by it. They may have felt like me but just didn't say anything aloud. I didn't say anything either - it was Bri's field trip.
I can't say I didn't have fun seeing my girl on her first field trip because I really did. She had fun. I'm just not sure how I feel about the caged animal thing. :(






0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment