January 18, 2011

Doug's Birthday Recap and Back to Normalcy

Last Thursday was Doug's birthday. The snow and ice was starting to really melt that day, so we were able to go out to dinner in the evening. It was a little sketchy in spots on the roads, but we took it slow and made it safely to the restaurant and back home again.

Doug took the day off, and I was able to make him his favorite Star Wars pancakes for breakfast. These are the best ones that I have made so far if I do say so myself...

 
After dinner, we sang "Happy Birthday" to Daddy and he blew out the candles. Bri and Doug are actually pretending to blow the candles out in this pic because I missed the real shot...

Unfortunately, soccer was canceled on Friday due to some leftover icy roads, so Bri and I did a little retail therapy to make ourselves feel better. But I still had an entire weekend to keep Briana busy after trying to keep her busy all week.

Saturday was quiet, but Saturday evening, Doug and Bri had a double date with Briana's friend ML and her dad Kevin. ML's mommy and brother were out of town for the weekend, so the guys went out with the little girls. And I had Saturday evening to myself! Schweet! Here is Bri eating some ice cream on her date...

Sunday afternoon, I took Briana to the science museum. She calls it the dinosaur museum. I think I have mentioned before that she could live in that place. I am thinking she is either going to be a paleontologist or an astronomer when she grows up. :) Here she is in front of the museum. You can still see a little snow on the ground behind her...

Monday was a quiet day that we just spent at home. And today was the first day back to work and school. Woo Hoo!!! I think we were all very ready to get back to some normalcy after a week of the city being practically shut down and frozen. We are thawing out nicely, thank you. ;D

6 Kind Words:

dawn said...

Wow, love those pancakes.
Glad we aren't the only ones that eat ice cream when it is freezing!
Glad Atlanta is defrosting and that life is returning to normal.

Julie said...

Love the pancakes! Glad to hear that life is getting back to normal.

Happy belated bday Doug!

Ani said...

Those pancakes would be a hit in our S.tar W.ars loving household :-)
We had a playdate yesterday (4 boys) and rounded up 6 light sabers for them to play with - gosh, how did we end up with 6!!!!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a great bd! And I know EK would love that museum too! She loves dinosaurs ~ new show Dino Dan is one of her favorites!!! Just wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!!! Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Our Family said...

Those pancakes are impressive. GLad that you all are getting back to normal.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Looks like Doug had a wonderful BDAY!! Those pancakes ROCK!! They are so cute!

I bet you are happy to have a little normalcy after that big storm. We have more snow on the way tomorrow..... YUCK! I am over winter.....now bring on SPRING~

xoxo,

Lisa

Related Posts with Thumbnails