I believe today was quite a success! Miss B came out of school with a smile on her face, so that is a good thing. And she had art class today, so that made her a happy camper.
She hung out today mainly with her buddy K that was in her same class as last year, but I am sure as the year goes on, she will make some more new friends in class.
She said she ate in Cafeteria 2 (I didn't even realize there were two cafeterias) and her class got to play and get to know each other this morning instead of doing math workshop.
The only slight downer for the day was that her special glue stick that I placed in her pencil case (a "Brave" glue stick) was put in the lovely "communal" glue stick box. She tried to tell the teacher that her mommy wanted her to have it in her pencil case, but the school rules say that all glue goes into the box for everyone to share. I should have remembered that when I put it in her case initially. So when I take her to her classroom tomorrow morning, I will go on a glue stick reconnaissance mission to try to get her glue stick back to take home! LOL!
I sat through car line this afternoon (something I didn't miss this summer), and it went very smoothly. Luckily, the teachers know Bri and she hopped in my car very quickly.
I think first grade got off to a good start.
Let's hope we can keep this ball rolling.

2 Kind Words:
so glad everything went to well and that Bri had a lovely first day.
Good luck on your recon mission. LOL. I don't like the community free for all boxes.
Wishing Bri a wonderful year.
Post a Comment