November 8, 2012

Appreciating Fall Leaves

I can't believe I am devoting an entire post to fall leaves, but I am. I absolutely love all the color we are experiencing in Georgia right now.

I lived in Florida until I was 13 and had never seen a fall colored leaf until I moved to Georgia. So I just can't help soaking in all the amazing color wherever I go.

This is the tree in front of my house...



This is a tree right in front of my kitty Asia's vet's office...


 In Georgia, the peak of fall color doesn't arrive until after Halloween - usually around the first week of November.

This is a picture of my church that I took yesterday with my iPhone...

As I was driving along today, I was trying to snap some photos through the car window with my phone...




Unfortunately, my cell phone pictures can't really capture how vibrant some of the trees really are.

In about a week or so, I am sure most of the color will be fading and the leaves will start to fall. Lots of the trees will be bare, which is a sure sign that winter is around the corner. There are so many evergreens (pines) in Georgia though, we still always have a lot of green around in the winter months. 

Fall is my favorite season. I am a bit sad that it will be leaving soon. I do enjoy winter though. Maybe Georgia will get a small blanket of snow at least once this winter. We had no snow at all last winter. I know my six year old would love to see a little snow this winter - at least to have a sled ride or to make a snowman. :D

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails