It is that time of the year again! The Boosterthon Fun Run to raise money for Bri's school was held yesterday!
The kids came out single file and the top 40 music was playing...
Bri's class being announced...
Here are the kids waiting for the cue to run...
The first lap was a walking lap...
Time to jog! I was a bit nervous because this was the first year the kids ran on the asphalt (usually they run in the grass). I was a little concerned that Bri might fall (I did see another little girl trip and fall). She didn't fall once - rock star!!!
Bri found her buddy K to run with...
This was the "find your best friends and hold hands" lap...
Stopping to get a mark...
The swimming lap...
The "flap your arms" lap...
Run, run, run --- though she did skip for a couple of laps - LOL!
Toward the end, she asked me how many more laps she had. She was determined to get all 35. And she did (she actually got 36)!!!!
She never even grabbed a cup of water the entire time. She waited until the end...
Look how many laps I got...
I noticed that a number of kids got all 35 laps. I think second grade legs get a lot more coverage in the time allotted than kindergartners and 1st graders! LOL! Bri was so thrilled to get all the laps in.
These are the times that I really, really love being a mom. Even more - Briana's mom.


1 Kind Words:
Being a mummy....the best!
Post a Comment