August 6, 2019

Back To School Week

Last week was back to school week in our neck of the woods. Let's just say Bri was less than thrilled (me too for that matter). But, we made the most of it. What else are you going to do?

Right before the end of school, Bri mentioned she might be interested in taking guitar lessons. She loves music and is quite artistic, so Doug and I were definitely on board. She loves the music of Jason Mraz, Shawn Mendes, Ed Sheeran - all guitar players. So, this totally makes sense. 

We had a super busy summer, so we weren't able to look into anything until recently.

I heard about a nearby music center that gives lessons, and Doug, Bri and I checked it out. Briana is now signed up for lessons once a week on Mondays after school (her first lesson was the Monday of back to school week)...

 She's had two lessons and she is doing great! I'm so proud of her for practicing every day...

 Tuesday was Briana's gotcha/family day anniversary. It was also open house day for school in our county (it usually lands on our gotcha day - boo).

Briana got some goodies that morning (bookmarks and earrings from me and a book and book clips from my parents).

We went to the open house that afternoon (which was a total madhouse) and I (GASP) did not take any photos!

After the open house, we went to Briana's favorite Thai/Sushi place for dinner and did some school supply shopping afterward...

Thursday (Aug 1) rolled around and it was showtime. First day of 8th grade! Back to school time...

 Isn't B's backpack so cute?

She had a good first day. She really likes all of her teachers and had at least one friend in each class - which is a good thing.

Here she is stylin' on Day 2...

As I waited in the middle school car line to pick Bri up, I witnessed the first fender bender coming from the high school. On Day 2. I am sure I will see many more of those in weeks to come (ugh)...

After all the anticipation of starting school and Bri conquering her first two days of 8th grade, it was nice to meet our friends, the B family, for some Mexican food Saturday night.

Bri and Mary Lin love hanging out together...

So that was back to school week. We all survived!

My next post will be all about Bri's birthday festivities. The beginning of school also means Bri's birthday being around the corner!

My girl is now officially 13! There's a teenager in the house!!!

1 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

We have just started guitar lessons too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails