It's been 30 weeks since coronavirus hit the state of Georgia. Briana's last day of being in a school physically was March 13. And today is October 13. We've been living this "new normal" for 7 months now. Some days can be quite tough - not gonna lie. It's so difficult to wrap around how different life is nowadays (at least for my family).
But we keep hanging in there...
Last Tuesday, I decided to bring Mei over to the vet again to get another shot of the inflammatory med she received back in August to help with her over licking. After being told on the phone that I could wait for her to get the shot and bring her right home, I was forced to leave her at the vet office because no one was there in the morning to administer it to her. I waited all day to get her back. I picked her up and when I got home, I realized a different med (an antibiotic shot) was administered to her without my permission. I confronted the office manager about it and she said she would ask the vet why. I never heard back from her and I wrote an e-mail telling the practice that I was not going to return.
This past weekend, I realized Mei wasn't eating or drinking properly. I was worried Mei was experiencing a side effect of a med I didn't even authorize her to have. There is no doubt it was due to the injection. I jumped on the phone and contacted a different practice yesterday to get her checked out.
After waiting all afternoon in the parking lot as she was examined, I heard good news. This is what I wrote on FB...
"Mei's blood work looked good. She had some blood in her urine so she had an x-ray. No bladder stones but bladder was a bit inflamed. My vet said it could be due to stress. I'm thinking her over licking (more than usual) and inflamed bladder might be due to the stress of the basement being finished. As for the loss of appetite, the vet thought the injection may have made Mei a bit nauseous. I came home with anti-nausea meds, appetite enhancer and some pain meds in case her bladder is bothering her. I gave her everything last night. And now she is eating!!! She ate most of the dry food I left out for her last night, some tuna fish this morning (with a pill) and drank water this morning too! I think she's been nauseous! The new vet is awesome. I couldn't meet her in person, but she called me periodically with updates and took her time explaining things to me. So far, things are looking up!!! And Mei has a pep in her step this morning!"
So I hope my gal is on the mend now. Fingers crossed...
I also took Briana to her wellness checkup last week...
Briana also finished her first 9 weeks of school...
She has all "A's" in all her classes - despite things being so different for her right now. I'm really proud.
Last week, I decorated the inside of the house for Halloween and Doug did the outside on Sunday...
And, I made an apple pie early last week with some of the apples we picked from the orchard...
Coronavirus update ~ another day, another almost 1800 cases in Georgia on Friday. Yay us. Sigh...
Not much else to say about that I guess.
It's time now for me to get political (you know the drill)...
Well, last week we all went to "loony town" in the world of Tr@mp.
I wasn't sure what was going to happen if/once Tr@mp caught coronavirus (which was only a matter of time). I wasn't sure how he would handle it (or not handle it). 35 people in his orbit got sick...
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/02/trump-white-house-coronavirus-positive-425229
Tr@mp went completely off the rails.
He was completely unhinged (even more than usual). He was pumped full of meds. He got so freaked out that he was going to look "weak" in the eyes of his base when he had to go to the hospital that he went above and beyond to "prove" how sick he wasn't. And I do believe he was quite sick - just not deathly sick.
Last week was just nuts...
Incessant, incoherent tweeting, calling into talk shows while coughing to prove he was "fine," exposing the people who work for him to the virus by taking unnecessary, dangerous car rides and forcing photo/video ops as he walked back into the White House, having absolutely no empathy for those families who have lost loved ones to this virus, threatening to end stimulus talks and then changing his mind (after he tanked the stock market), planning huge maskless rallies (even before he tested negative), blaming the governor of Michigan for her own foiled kidnapping plot (after making statements like "L!berate Michigan" and "St@nd Back and Stand By") - pure insanity.
Now it looks like he's back out on the road - continuing his "super spreader" mentality. He got over the virus with a lot of extra help - help that a lot of "regular" people couldn't get earlier this year and still can't get today. And not only is he back, he's gloating about it and still downplaying it. It's horrifying to me...
https://www.today.com/news/nick-cordero-s-widow-amanda-kloots-slams-trump-tweeting-don-t193409
If you don't think losing 210,000+ people to this virus isn't a big deal, look at these empty chairs...
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-national-remembrance-day-20k-chairs-white-house/
To those who have lost loved ones to this virus, I am sorry. I am saying it because our president refuses to do so (and admit his part in it).
I really want to get off this horrific political ride so badly. It's hard for me to go about my day sometimes knowing there is an unhinged, immoral bully in charge of making big decisions for our country. It is difficult for me to post a lot of positivity or pictures of "normal" life on social media knowing our country could be in for 4 more years of this type of madness. I'm trying to keep some sort of positivity/normalcy for my kid, but in the back of my mind, I can't help thinking how serious life is right now.
I was going to talk more in depth about the VP debate, but I'm kind of spent now. It went about how I expected it to. I think P@nce was extremely condescending, pretty much avoided answering every question asked of him and totally ignored the moderator. I think H@rris did pretty well, but she dodged a few questions too. At least it was more civil than the nightmare debate the week before. The whole "fly on the head" thing was pretty funny. Flies do tend to gravitate toward things that are full of - well, you know.
So for my self preservation, I am going to severely limit my time watching and reading the news up until the election. I won't watch the sham of a hearing for the soon-to-be new justice of the Supreme Court. I will turn off or mute the TV when political commercials come on. I absolutely refuse to watch any coverage of these ridiculous rallies the president holds. I placed my vote and now all I can do is wait and hope.
And also for self preservation, I'm trying to find things to keep my mind busy. I decided to binge watch all six seasons of $chitt's Creek because I heard such good things about it...
So that is all I have for now. Hopefully Mei Mei will continue to feel better, and I can then breathe a sigh of relief. And I want to say a quick hello to another first time commenter from the UK who commented on my post last week. Thank you so much for reading my little ole blog!
I'll be back next week - per usual!











0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment