December 9, 2020

38 Weeks Behind Us (Weekly Update)


 38 weeks behind us since coronavirus hit the state of Georgia. I cannot wait until I don't have to count these weeks anymore. When life goes back to "normal."

And yes, I'm a little late with posting again. Life is kind of busy.

I hit a bit of a wall last week when I was decorating my house for Christmas. I cried - several times. I've taken a ton of "getting ready for Christmas" pics, but I will put all those in a separate post. With all the stress of this year, I felt like I was kind of going through the motions of getting ready for Christmas. It just felt silly to me. But, I have a 14 year old who deserves a semi-normal Christmas, so I am going to give that to her. I'm feeling a bit better this week.

Nothing about Christmas this year is normal. It shouldn't be with a pandemic raging in the world right now. But there are a number a people, a lot around where I live, who are going about their business like nothing is happening. And we have a moronic lame duck pres!dent who encourages it. They are the reason we are as bad as we are right now in Georgia, heck the entire country, and it is so frustrating for me. 

This is what I posted on FB the other day...


There is a city near where I live that hosted a tree lighting right after Thanksgiving - maskless, wall to wall people. (And then they hosted a maskless, super spreader parade about a week after that.)

This is what it looked like...

When they started getting push back online about their ignorance, they started deleting all the bad comments...

Then they closed comments all together...


It was shameful. Just shameful. This is why we don't go out much around here. This is why my kid doesn't go to school in person. It's really, really tough.

Georgia hit a record of coronavirus cases last Friday...


Over 6,300 new cases that day. Horrible.

Speaking of school, Bri was supposed to go to the school yesterday for an EOC (state exam) for her biology class. Because the percentage is supposed to drop to basically nothing on Dec 21 (and it doesn't affect her going on to the next semester), Bri did not go and take it. I was never planning on sending her to the school anyway to take it, but it did feel weird that she missed that test...

And also speaking of school, Bri is just about to take her last final. She will be done with everything by Friday. I am so excited for her. At the beginning of all this, I wondered how the heck we were going to get through virtual learning. But, she has done an amazing job and I am so proud of her.

Because of the lack of understanding about this virus by so many, I've had to modify my holiday traditions this year. I am having to set boundaries on what my family is comfortable doing this holiday season. 

Thanksgiving was nice, but it felt different because I missed my sister and her family. But, we all knew it was the right thing to do. My parents did come to my house (they are in my "social bubble"), so that was nice. We did have a lot of good food that day and watched the Macy's p@rade...


The one person who really doesn't want this pandemic to end - is Mei Mei. We are here pretty much all the time now and she loves every second of it.

She's getting super spoiled (especially since her "catnapping"). Bri and Mei are bonding more than ever before...


Mei sleeping on me the other day...




And she is pretty much always by my side. This is me and Mei preparing dinner one evening...


Who needs a dog?

And Mei is starting to get used to our new basement...


So we have one very happy camper in this house.

And I have been doing a "thing." (Politics time - brace yourself.)

I have been writing postcards for the runoff election. I am so unhappy with and sickened by the G@P now, I am most definitely rooting for the other guys (and thank you to my friend Ilene for helping me get these cards)...


You should see all the vitriol that comes to my mailbox by the G@P on a daily basis. Just look...


This is merely a fraction of the cards I get from them. Scare tactic after scare tactic. Buzz words coming out of the wazoo. It all reeks of fear and desperation.

You know why I am not voting for L@ffler and P@rdue?

This is true.

And then they downplayed the virus on top of it. Sick.

The G@P is scared and complicit in the spreading of misinformation about this election. And people are now getting death threats because of it.

Tr@mp did NOT win. And there is no evidence of fraud ANYWHERE.

Tr@mp has lost case after case after case after case...

And the Supreme Court told him to shove it too...


Tr@mp is calling people to overturn the election with no basis. It's horrifying.

There are a handful of those on the right who are sick of what is going on with the G@P...


Never in my life have I seen such a disgusting display. And the right calls the left "sheep." Heh - that's funny.

I'm trying to figure out how many times Tr@mp actually wants to lose in GA (and other swing states)...


Yes, yes he did...


Yes, it actually happened. B!den got 80,000,000 votes. Not rigged. Most secure election in U.S. history. Deal with it.

Honestly, this is how I feel about 2020...


Just a freaking hot mess.

So I think I'm going to leave it there. My next post will be all about the Christmas stuff we've been up to. Here is a picture of my live tree...


When I sit and look at it, I find it does calm me. And it is really pretty.

So look for my next post soon.

Have a good rest of the week!

1 Kind Words:

ourdarlinggal said...

I felt the same way putting up our tree this year too....just very sad. But at the same time I love how cosy and festive our house is now. Your home is so lovely at Xmas!! But I feel so mentally and physically tired and drained. Thankfully I will finish work next Thur and then not back until New Year. We just need to keep going Lisa xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails