Wow. 65 weeks behind us. I cannot believe this is my 2nd to the last post of "counting the weeks" of the pandemic. I cannot believe it's been over a year since the world turned upside down. At the same time, it feels like I have been on a very long, arduous, grueling journey. I wasn't sure if this pandemic would ever finally "end" for us.
The pandemic isn't over for a lot of people, but with my family being vaccinated now, it's close to being over for us. I have more plans ahead of me than I thought I would have this summer. My calendar has been close to empty for over a year. My family was doing our part and that required some sacrifice. I don't regret one thing. I seriously don't. And even though I am slowly and carefully starting to spread my wings again now, this pandemic has drastically changed me forever. I don't see a lot of things and/or people the same way, and I need to figure out how to move forward with the new "metaphorical" glasses I am wearing. I could say that I am sad about it (and I am a bit), but maybe it was best that I was pushed to put these glasses on. True colors have been shown and it's better that I see things more clearly now.
*************************
I drove Briana over to her friend Mere's house Friday afternoon and I snapped this picture of her in the car. She just looked so grown up to me. She's definitely a young woman now. I miss my little girl, but I am enjoying my time with my teen. We are already two weeks into summer break and I feel like time is flying by. Our summer breaks are always quite short being only 9 weeks long. It's worth it in the end when Bri gets a lot of breaks throughout the year, but August comes way too quickly and it's a bit painful to get through at first. But with Bri missing out of a normal year of high school, it's time for her to get back to life again.
I'm honestly nervous for her. D and I are not feeling great about the school that she will be attending come August (academically it's quite good, but it's other stuff as most of you know), but it's her decision. We are respecting her wishes (and we will see what happens). I hope the school can somehow earn my respect back. It's been a really rough go so far. Time will tell.
***************************
Since Bri is still completing her vaccination cycle (just one more week to go - woot!), we are still laying low for now.
Last week...
Our family watched the new "Loki" premiere and it was really good...
Bri and I spent an afternoon going through her closet and drawers purging clothes that are too small or too young for her now (we will be donating everything)...
We also cleared out a lot of costume jewelry. Shockingly, she still has a lot of clothes and jewelry after all that.
I baked her some cookies to kick off her summer...
She's been drawing quite a bit. This is her latest digital drawing (Cafe Girl)...
And she likes to paint her phone cases (creating her own designs)...
I thought about checking out the swimming pool with Bri (we never went to our neighborhood pool last year), but the weather has not been behaving. There was a lot of high humidity and many pop-up rain showers throughout the week...I hope we get some better, sunnier days this week.
And on Thursday, I got my hair done by my NEW hairdresser. It was a much more relaxed and comfortable experience. I'm really happy with my hair and I am kicking myself for staying in a "contentious" relationship with my former hairdresser for way too long. Sometimes you just need a push to make a change...
*************************
Instead of going into a big discussion on the virus, politics, etc, I am going to just post some headlines and memes that spoke to me last week...




















0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment