May 19, 2023

Our 26th Wedding Anniversary

Our 26th wedding anniversary (32 years as a couple) landed on a Wednesday this year. Since it was 26 years and not a big "milestone" anniversary like 25 or 30, we just celebrated quietly.

 We dropped Briana off at school (because she still doesn't have a parking space!) and went out to a quiet breakfast. We went to a place called "Big-Un's Biscuits." Very romantic, huh? LOL! The biscuits were quite delicious (I got a chicken biscuit).

The decor was very rustic and cute...

 
 We spent the day together quietly. We exchanged gifts. Doug had to work just a little.

This was one of the gifts I gave Doug...

It was a bag filled with his favorites snacks! He was quite happy!

That evening, we went to one of our favorite little restaurants...

The food was delish as always and I had a very yummy white sangria.

Doug obliged and let me take a few pictures of us that evening...


I'll be 50 next month (gah!) and I have officially been married over half my life. I've been with Doug since I was 17 years old. It's hard to remember my life without him in it. Briana will be 17 in August. It really makes me realize just how young Doug and I were when we started dating. So crazy! We were VERY different people (so, so young!!) when we met. We had a lot of growing up to do. I feel so fortunate that we somehow found a way to grow up together and not apart - because dang we have been through some big time ups and downs in our lifetime!

 Gosh we were young...


 He's my guy and I'm his girl and we are very blessed.

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails