July 7, 2025

June Recap

 It is now time for my June recap. I have already written posts about Briana's referral day anniversary and all of my birthday shenanigans. When I started going back and looking at my photos of June, I realized we have done quite a bit this month. We haven't done any swimming yet or enjoyed any sort of beach time, but summer has been nice so far. Briana is still in the midst of her summer math class (and doing well). I am still not feeling the best, but I am working on it. It was nice being doctor free in June. (We will be taking a vacation in August. A much needed one. We haven't been on vacation since before my surgery.)

Doug, Bri and I have actually had a lot of family time together. I think our girl missed us a tiny bit during the school year, so she has grace us with her presence quite a bit this summer so far!
 
On the first evening of June, to celebrate Briana being back home, we ate at a delicious Chinese restaurant, popped into a Brazilian bakery to grab some goodies and stopped at a tea place so Bri could buy a boba tea for herself...
 

We had a family dinner one night at my favorite Italian restaurant (which is a little drive from our house). As we got done eating, the skies opened up and it started to pour. It was seriously raining sideways. We parked in front of the door but had no umbrellas. We tried to wait for a while but we needed to get going and went for it. Even in that short distance, we got SO wet! Still totally worth it - heh...

We had a shopping afternoon where Briana purchased some much needed rock climbing/pilates clothing and then we had very yummy taco'ria food...
 
We went to play some pinball one June afternoon and then dined on some yummy burgers...

At the end of June, we took a trip to HMart - one of Briana's favorite places to go. She loves to go there while she is at school and get groceries. I've really been wanting to check it out. We live a bit further away from the store, so we made a trip over there so she could stock up on some things while she is home this summer. It was fantastic. So many amazing Asian items to choose from. I wish I cooked Asian food better than I do! Briana stocked up on things like ramen, dumplings and kimchi. And we ate at the little food court before we came home (we split all sorts of absolutely delicious goodies, including Korean fried chicken, from a few of the different restaurants)...

Briana's favorite frozen dessert is this peach ice cream on a stick...
 
HMart had all these cool, brightly colored claw machines (each grab is a dollar, so we passed on these!)...

Doug and Briana have also had some very nice dad/daughter time. They found a place that holds D&D games on Tuesdays nights and they have really enjoyed that each Tuesday.
 
They also had a fun hang out afternoon one day...
 
We indulged in a lot of "not so good for you" foods with all the celebrations and summer fun in June...
 
The fried rice, the sub from Jersey Mike's and the Varsity dogs were really good. The Burger King sucked. We never get Burger King, but we did that June day. Briana really wanted to try the "How To Train A Dragon Meal." She doesn't like huge burgers, so I ate the whopper and she had a regular cheeseburger with the cheese sticks and lemonade. We all got food from there that day, it all sucked and we all regretted it. Burger King isn't the best overall anyway, but the Burger King closest to us is especially sucky. The cashier didn't even know the mozzarella sticks were a part of the special deal. She charged Doug extra for those even though he fought her on it, and she didn't even give Bri the "fiery" ones. Never ever eating there again.
 
I did a little bit of cooking in June (Reuben sandwiches, stir fry with the beef bulgogi I bought from HMart and pork chops; Briana made mini lemon pies)...

Father's Day came around once again in June. As you know from my birthday post, Doug, Bri and I visited my parents for an early Father's Day get together (and they surprised me with a cake for my b-day). I brought CFA nuggets and mac n cheese for lunch, we exchanged gifts and we spent quality time together...

On Father's Day, Briana and I gave Doug gifts (Briana crocheted a dinosaur for Doug and I gave Doug a collage of his favorite Briana college selfies), we watched the movie "Labyrinth" (per Doug's request) and ate delicious Cuban food for dinner...

I have been talking about all the family time we have managed to spend together, but Briana has definitely been spending time with her friends too...

Totally random ~ but I needed my car washed, so Doug and I went through a nearby car wash and I enjoyed all the colors that glowed as we went through the cycle (so corny I know)...

It has been so warm lately, I haven't spent a lot of time outside. But I did notice two sets of cardinals at the same time through my window in early June. I have seen a male and female cardinal together before, but never two "couples" at the same time...

And my gardenia bush bloomed once again. My favorite smelling flower. 

When I drive around in my car in the summertime, I listen to "Yacht Rock." I really enjoy it (and yes it ages me). But come September, I will go back to regular programming...

And lastly, I hopped on the labubu train a couple of weeks ago. Why? I have no freaking idea. I just heard about these stupid little things being such a tough find. So for fun, I went on a hunt for some just to see what would happen. I didn't score any plushy, hanging ones, but I did manage to nab two blind box figurines from the lazy yoga series through Am@zon. I paid regular price for them from the actual Am@zon PopMart store. They are authentic. Anything labubu is pretty impossible to get your hands on right now. Mine is the green one and Bri's is purple...
 
 
And then...Bri and I were at HMart and we stumbled across some "labubus." Or what I thought were labubus. Ugh. I usually pride myself on making informed decisions, but I impulse purchased that day. They looked so authentic (but that is what imposters do best) and I was purchasing them from a vendor, so I thought they were ok. When Bri and I started opening the boxes (which did say labubu on them), we both immediately realized that something was off. After doing very little digging, I confirmed that these are indeed fakes. Cute fakes - but fakes. So we now have official "lafufus!" LOL! We just laughed about it and are now enjoying our imposters. So don't be fooled. Only purchase directly from PopMart or the Am@zon PopMart store to get the real thing (if you can ever find any)...
 
So that was our June in a nutshell.

I thought about complaining once again about the crap show this nation is right now, but this post is just too upbeat to drag it down. If I decide to complain again at some point, I will do it in a separate post. 
 
This is how I feel these days...
 
Now we are in July. Doug, Bri and I celebrated July 4th as best as we could. I have doctor appointments again in a couple of weeks. Please send me some good vibes if you can. I'm enjoying my time with my gal until she leaves me again in early September.

If you read this whole post, thanks for reading. I enjoy writing and sharing my "regular" life. 

I'll be back soon!

1 Kind Words:

Sherry said...

Wow, some great pictures and lovely food!! Peach ice cream on a stick, YUM!

Related Posts with Thumbnails