January 30, 2007

Neat Thing We Have Done Since LID #3

It's about time isn't it? I haven't posted one of my "neat things" in a while, and I have 7 more of my top ten I need to post before referral day. I better get a move on!

Neat Thing #3
CHINESE NEW YEAR 2006!

Last year, Doug and I attended our first Chinese New Year celebration at the Chinese Culture Center with my sister Amy and brother-in-law Andy and their friends Jody and Kurt. Jody is Chinese, and her parents are a very active in the Chinese community in Atlanta. Jody was so helpful in explaining the Chinese New Year celebration traditions and introduced us to some really delicious Chinese foods! There were so many enjoyable performances as well. I especially liked watching the little girls from the Chinese dance class perform and the Dragon dance. We had a really great time! Here are a few pictures I wanted to share...

6 Kind Words:

C's Mom said...

Great pics...looks like a really nice CNY celebration there!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!

Julie said...

Wow! I love the colorful costumes! Looks like a blast!

Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun.

OziMum said...

OK... I wanna know how many people will take their pigs along this year?!!!

Looks like you all had fun!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

The Chinese Dragon dancers used to come to my son's school every year and the kids were spellbound!

Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. I appreciate your prayers very much!

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails