Here is our little "geek in training" and her geek daddy couldn't be happier...I am FINALLY feeling better. I can't believe I am saying those words. Right after my last post about coming down with pneumonia, I realized I was coming down with the head cold that Briana had as well. I couldn't breathe through my mouth or my nose last week. I felt like I was gonna die. My mom came to my rescue every day last week except for one - and that was the day I forced myself to take Briana to the music class we signed up for a few weeks before. That is the only thing I did last week outside of the house. I am really glad I managed to get to the class because Briana really enjoyed it. Oh - and I am so glad I made it to the Georgia Waiting Families potluck dinner this past Saturday. I was feeling a lot better that day. I will post about that in a day or two, but for now check out Kathy's website for pics!
I was beginning to believe I was never going to get better. I am learning to be a mom for the first time, and for weeks, I have been trying to do it as a very sick person. There have been moments these past few weeks that I thought I just couldn't do it or I wasn't cut out to be a mom. I was pushing myself to take care of the baby and finding myself getting sicker. And when I wasn't taking care of the baby, I felt guilty that I wasn't taking care of the baby. But now that I am feeling better, I know can do this. Motherhood is a hard job, a hard job when you are well. I need to stop beating myself up for getting sick and having those moments of doubt and fear. Even though I have been sick, I have managed to get Briana into a routine (with the help of Doug and my mom) and she seems to be thriving. She is happy, strong and full of spirit. She walks all over the house now - and the falling down is getting less and less. That is the part that makes me nervous. It is not the walking - it is the falling because she is so wobbly. I am so looking forward to the day that she can walk and not fall down.
Now that I am on the mend (finally), I am going to try to return to blogland. I won't be able to blog like I did before because Briana doesn't allow that to happen! If I am on the computer, she wants to be on the computer - smashing the keys. So I will be limited to nights and naps. It stinks that sometimes I am just too tired to blog after a long day. But, I am going to do my best to keep you all up to date! And I will try to look in on your blogs every chance I get!
Anyway, here are a few pictures that I have been wanting to post since before I knew I was coming down with pneumonia.
Aunt Ann and Uncle Wes (Doug's brother) flew in from Colorado on Sept 5 to visit Miss Briana. We had a wonderful time!
Uncle Wes and Briana have quite a connection!
Here is Briana with my mom on her first Grandparent's Day!Here is Briana getting ready to go to her first birthday party!
A lastly - here is a video of the 2007 Bloggy Bash!
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





17 Kind Words:
I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better!
Briana is gorgeous. Enjoy every moment. Life is meant to live not blog. Just don't forget about us completely!
Keep smilin!
Glad you are feeling better and that last pic is precious..LOve that chair and that baby
Birthday parties sure tucker a kid out! Glad you're feeling better!
YEY! So glad to hear that you are feeling better. I hope your back to your old self and full of energy soon! We had a great visit and loved seeing you and Doug and meeting sweet Briana!
Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I think I had best take a page from your book and not try to do everything when I am sick... Don't let yourself get sick like that again...
I am so glad you are feeling better....
Love the pictures..
I watched the slideshow on Kathy's blog.. and I love the outfit that Briana has on..
Where did you get those ladybug Socks..
TOOO CUTE!!!!
SHe is ADORABLE...
Can't wait to see all the pictures from yesterday..
Take care
Kim
Welcome back to the land of the living?!! You poor thing. Yes, being a Mum is definitely hard when you're well, and super hard when you're sick!
Lovin that last photo of Briana crashed out in her little chair!
Glad you are finally on the mend. I'm coming down with a cold (the one that seems to be going around) and Lane is out of the country! Luckily my mom came to help me. But I so know what it's like being a sick mom. I'm sure I've said this before. You can't beat yourself up for it. You're human and we have do deal with things like sickness.
I'm so glad you are feeling better. Mommy's really can't call in late or ask for a sick day, but sometimes we are forced to slow down! Our family is living in China while paper chasing via America. It's been encouraging to read your journey to Briana! She's just a joy to see!
I've been worried about you, and I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better! And you are SO right, motherhood is hard work when you're functioning at 100%, so you better not beat yourself up about being sick!
Briana is so beautiful, thanks for posting some pics!
She's so cute, and ai am so glad you are starting to feel normal again. You have been on my mind a lot!
Tracy
DOR 9/4/07 for Charlotte Rui
OMW....she is just precious. Glad you are feeling better! Love her little red dress!
So happy to read that you are on the mend...it has been a long time for you to be sick. Love the photos here and on Kathy's blog.
Glad to see your feeling better. Great pics, she looks like one very happy ladybug!
So glad you're feeling better, it sucks to be sick, and even worse to be sick and not be able to take care of the kiddo's, I so know the feeling! And it's great to finally feel like a human again!
Welcome back!! Motherhood sure is HARD isn't it? Especially when you are sick. I am so glad you are doing better, I was very worried about you.
Briana is a DOLL. OMG she is soooo stinkin cute!
Blogging is such a job now. I don't get "around" much anymore...(god that sounds cheap). ANyhow, welcome back - get better and more pics please!
Well, we are just so glad you're back and feeling better! I was so worried for awhile there! It's also so good to see pictures of Briana looking cutie patootie (asleep in that little chair...so cute!).
Hang in there and we'll get you back up to blogger speed in no time!
Post a Comment