September 9, 2007

Yes - I Am Alive

Wow - I can't believe how sick I have been. In my last blog, I thought I was turning a corner. Well, I wasn't. I don't think I turned the corner until this past Wednesday. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law came to visit and I was actually able to enjoy the visit (I will write about their visit in my next blog entry). I canceled every plan I had for the Labor Day weekend and I literally have been just miserable. I still have a lingering cough, but I hope that ends very soon.

Before I got sick (Aug 28), my sister came over to the house to spend the day with me and Briana. We had a great time! We hung out, went to Steak and Shake and Target - it was a blast. Briana LOVES Aunt Amy! The next day, Doug's friend Jimmie and his mom Ginny came to visit for the afternoon. We had a lovely time. Unfortunately after they left - I could tell I wasn't feeling well. From that time on I went straight downhill, and I have been down and out ever since. Even today, I walk up the stairs and I feel so winded. I can't wait until I feel 100% again.

As for Briana, she is amazing. I can't believe she has been with us a whole month and that she turned 13 months old on Thursday. She is really walking now. She falls a lot, but she can take 10 to 15 steps across the room with no problem. I can't believe how quickly she has changed. She is so strong and she babbles all the time. She now says git gat for kitty cat. It is so dang cute! I will say she is very, very active. A real wiggle worm. Never stops moving. Just goes from one thing to the next. It is exhausting for me, but I am so glad she seems to want to just see and learn everything. I believe she is brilliant - LOL! I am not biased or anything - ha, ha!

I want to thank my mom and dad for all of their help in helping me take care of Briana. There were a couple of days I really needed a few extra pair of hands and they came to the rescue!

Well, I still have a lot to write about (Grandparent's Day, Briana's first birthday party), but I am so tired. I just got Miss Briana to bed and now it is my turn. Even though I was sick, I did manage to take some pictures for your viewing pleasure!

Miss Briana in her groovy t-shirt.

Briana and Aunt Amy
Briana loves Aunt Amy!

Don't tease me with that rattle!

Too cute! Dancing girls!

Briana visiting with Miss Ginny

Briana loves her mailbox - score!

Peek A Boo!

22 Kind Words:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! She is growing up fast, mom. Glad to hear you are feeling better...

Abby's Mom said...

Briana is just precious! Glad your on the mend too :)

Randi said...

So glad you are feeling better. We miss you both.

Christie said...

Brianna is just so darn cute! Take your time and get better - we'll still be here!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. The pictures are adorable.
Vicki

OziMum said...

You poor thing. Your sickness sounds wretched. Hope Doug is on the mend too.

No wonder Briana loves Aunt Amy - she looks so much like you!!!

That mailbox toy is fantastic! Don't think I've seen one here... might have to look out for one now?!!

Pug Mama said...

glad to hear from you - you have been on my mind.
hope you get to 100% again real fast!

Stephanie said...

I think she may be the happiest baby I've ever seen :)! I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better and hope for regular posts in the future. Well, at least a lot of pictures.

Anonymous said...

What a great smile she has. True sign of a happy baby! Can't wait to meet her. Miss our lunches.

Headmeister said...

That girl never takes a bad pic!!! I'm glad you're feeling better - how fantastic that you have people around to help out when you need it! This is my biggest fear, because we're not close to anyone geographically...ugh! Glad you've got some expert assistance!

Julie said...

Wow, I hope that you are on the mend for real this time!!

Brianna is a cutie pie. We call Naomi wiggle worm too .. :o)

Julie

Anonymous said...

She has such a beautiful smile! Glad to hear that you are FINALLY feeling better!
Stephanie
forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Do you feed that child cute pills? She is such a darling! I really hope you get 100% better soooooon!

Donna said...

Great pics- she is a cutie pie! Thanks for sharing.

C's Mom said...

Briana is SO cutealicious!

Glad things are turning a corner for you at last.

Stop on by and email me your mailing addy pleasin.

Jewels of My Heart said...

So sorry to hear you are still sick. I hope you are completely better soon so you can enjoy and keep up with your beautiful baby girl!
God Bless

kitchu said...

Lisa... please tell me you've been to a doctor, I'm worried about you woman! Seems you've been sick since getting home, so get checked out.

Briana is so beautiful- just melts my heart. Happpy 13 months in this world to her, and I'm so glad to hear she's doing so well!

Liene said...

Glad you're feeling better. I know how hard it is sometimes to get back to 100%. It's even more so when you're a parent. Briana is getting cuter by the day. I' so glad she is thriving so well. Before you know it she'll be talking full sentences and you'll want her to be quiet for 5 minutes :)

Polar Bear said...

What a cutie patutie!!

Sorry to read you have been so sick. I hope each day is better!

Colleen said...

I am so glad you are getting better. I was so worried about you!! She is sooooo cute.

Stay well and healthy my friend.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Your sister looks exactly like you! So glad you're feeling better!

What size is Briana wearing now? We'll get Ella right before she turns 13 months and I'm still obsessing about what size to bring.

Briana is too cute---what a smile!

Roy and Lori said...

Hey guys,

Just wanted to
stop by and say
hello. I hope
everything is
going great!

Take care!

Related Posts with Thumbnails