January 9, 2008

Baba's Comin' Home and No More Box

Well, Miss Briana and I survived five whole days without daddy. Briana is alive and kickin'! (Giving myself a little pat on my back - LOL!) Doug is on his way home from Vegas and will be home this evening. We miss Baba so much and he needs to come home so Briana can do this again...

We did keep pretty busy while Doug was out of town. Sunday, we visited grandma the whole day (and my mom offered to watch Briana for a little while so I could go out and do some clothes shopping - which I hadn't done in a long time - NICE!). And yesterday, we visited Kathy and Chani. We had a great play date and went out to eat Mexican food for lunch. The girls did so well at the restaurant! Kathy and I actually got complimented by a group of people at another table that the girls were so good and so cute! :) It felt so surreal that Kathy and I were eating lunch together with our daughters. It was wonderful. I think about it and feel like tearing up! I didn't have my camera with me, but Kathy took a bunch of pics of the girls, so I will steal some from her soon!

By the way, I LOVE "my", um, I mean "our" new car...

And I did see RQ this morning and saw the disturbing news about the "box" and how the CCAA is not going to update it anymore. My heart goes out to you all that are still waiting. I heard this song on the radio the other day. It made me think of Doug because he was out of town, but it also made me think of all of you waiting families. It seems appropriate to post today. Please hang in there...

7 Kind Words:

Stephanie said...

Wait a minute, I thought that was Doug's new car :). Your writing about you and Kathy having lunch with the girls all together made me all goosebumpy. Someone post pics.

4D said...

Sounds like a great time was had and good times that Baba is on his way home where he belongs.

Keep smilin!

Mick said...

Enjoy that car... oh.. puhleeze... it's so YOURS!!! LOL

C's Mom said...

Welcome home to baba!

Thanks for your encouragement. It helps when Ye olde faith pool is a little bone dry at the moment 'round here!

Glad you like spinning YOUR new wheels...:0)

Kim said...

Sounds like you had A LOT of fun..
And since you didn't tear up on you and Kathy and the girls... I am ...LOL
Thanks for always being there and watching out for us that are still waiting.. That makes me feel sooo much better..
I love following your blog and watching Briana and the other girls growing.. that is what keeps me going..
Hugs to you my friend..
Welcome home Baba

Kim said...

Stop by and see me on my blog.. I have something for YOU..

OziMum said...

Yay for Baba!

I'm sooo jealous of your new car!!! I'm lusting over one right now... don't need it, can't really afford it, and the price of petrol is going through the roof!!! I'll just keep lusting over the catalogue, for now!!!

So glad you, Kathy and the girls get to hang out - that is so cool.

*insert wet raspberry here* to the box.

Related Posts with Thumbnails