August 7, 2008

Bri's Birthday

As you all know by now, Tuesday was Briana's birthday. And what a great day it was! Here is a little photo recap of the day...

We opened cards in the morning and listened to Briana's new Zoom CD - compliments of Aunt Amy and Uncle Andy. (I listened to my Zoom record every year growing up as a kid!)

Daddy took the day off, so we all went to DAC kids in the morning (That's where Briana proceeded to fall off a ladder. She was fine but gave mommy a heart attack). Then we went to Zaxby's for lunch. Daddy made her glasses out of Wikki Stix that were in her kids meal.

She took a long nap after running around DAC kids, and when she woke up, Grandma and Grandpa came over to eat dinner with us. We ate at Briana's favorite Mexican restaurant. As you can see, she wasn't in the mood to take a picture - there was food to be eaten...

I LOVE tortillas!!!!

And she got a special dessert, along with a song and sombrero.

I am ready for my candles now...

Good gawd, I love opening presents!

Briana and Grandma

New presents - golf clubs and princess shoes. Nice combination!

The day was wonderful and amazing. But, I needed to do something that day. I lit a candle to remember Briana's birth parents. For without them, I would not have my precious daughter with me today. Bri's birthday is a celebration of her life, but it is a day of loss as well. The loss of her birth parents. I am sure that they were thinking about her on that day, as I was thinking of them. So, I lit a candle for the sacrifice they made - a sacrifice that I will be forever grateful for.

7 Kind Words:

Kim said...

Love the pictures..
Looks like an AMAZING day...
Love the clubs and the shoes.. those are PERFECT together...
Have a Wonderful Weekend..
HUGS..

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures, especially the one with the sombrero :-)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a great day....very action packed!!

That sombrero is adorable, but I loved the pic with the Tortilla!!!

A beautiful idea to light the candle in honor of her birth parents.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love the photos, (the one with the sombrero~adorable and the dessert~ YUM!!!) Her birthday seems like a perfect day for all of you.

And to give tribute to her birth parent is very special.

Hugs,

Krista

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Okay...I cried reading about the candle! Great idea and it's nice to see that you thought about them and acknowledged them.

Colleen said...

What great pics. Happy birthday to sweet Briana! (Hannah just fed her some raisins while I was looking at the pics...too funny).

Looks like she had a blast. I love that you lit the candle.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Adding a quick note down here on the older post... wanna join my Facebook or are you already there? There is the link on the side of my site... take care

Related Posts with Thumbnails