December 26, 2008

Briana's Gift To Doug

We had a wonderful (and super busy) Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. There is so much too post - it is really hard to know where to start. I guess I will start with Briana's Christmas gift to her daddy. A week before Christmas, my sister and I met up at a pottery painting studio to paint some Christmas gifts. Briana picked a mug to paint for Doug and painted it all by herself! She had so much fun. I helped her with the lettering, but the coloring/painting was all Briana. By the first photo, you can see how much Doug loved it. (She had so much fun painting, she ended up painting a couple of ornaments too.)

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. I will have several recap posts coming over the next couple of days.

Here are a few photos of Briana creating her work of art...

The finished product.

Here is an artist at work...



Needed just a tiny bit of assistance from Mommy!

15 Kind Words:

Kim said...

Love the pottery places..
My kids love it as teenagers..
Can't wait to see all the updates from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day..
I'm sure it was AMAZING..
Hugs girly..

RamblingMother said...

What a sweet gift for daddy. Merry Christmas.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I can't think of a better gift for her Daddy....I am sure he LOVED it!!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas.....I too am feeling overwhelmed with all the pictures that I have taken the last few days!

Happy Holidays!!

Lisa

Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

Her cup turned out great!

Lindsay said...

What a great idea for a Christmas gift!

Jennifer said...

I loved the cup...She did a Wonderful job. I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas...

kitchu said...

that is SO awesome!!

Anonymous said...

We love those pottery places!

Doug will cherish that master piece forever ;-)

Allie, Katie and Harper's Mom said...

What a great idea. Maybe next
year we can give it a try.
Briana is such a cute little
girl!

Happy New Year!

Sindy

Wendy said...

She did a wonderful job... What a great gift for Dad..

Happy New Year
Wendy

Sharon said...

OMGosh, I just passed one of those places today and owndered if Bailey was too young!!

Now here you are showing me it would be fine. You have a little artist on your hands!! And a thoughtful one at that. I know daddy will treasure that always!

DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

What a fantastic idea!!! I may have to steal that one from you to do for Daddy on father's day!!!
Love the pics,
Amy

Unknown said...

What a cool idea! We may copy that some day. Hope you had a great Christmas!

Donna said...

What a great gift she made! Glad you had a wonderful holiday with your girl!

Tracy said...

That is the cutest thing ever!! What a fabulous idea and I am sure Doug will cherish the mug.

Related Posts with Thumbnails