December 15, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy Christmastime

Wow, Doug, Briana and I had such a busy weekend. Really busy. I woke up early Saturday morning, and my friend Amy and I headed out to pass out free wrapping paper for "Shop With A Hero" with our local moms group. It was so fun! It really felt nice helping out people in need. We stood outside passing out paper that the moms group collected over the last few weeks. It was cold that morning but totally worth it.

As I was looking for my Santa hat to wear that morning, I came across Briana's hat. I almost forgot that she has one too! My mom bought it for her last year. Isn't she cute in it?

Then Saturday night, Doug and I went to Doug's office party. My parents came over to spoil - um, I meant to say - watch Briana. Here is a picture of us before we headed out...

Here is a picture of my mantle and Christmas tree. I always feel so cozy at this time of year. I seriously cannot believe Christmas is 10 days away. Time is flying!

Then Sunday evening, Doug, Briana and I attended the local China adopters Christmas potluck. It was so much fun! I have lots and lots of pictures to share - but I will do that in my next post.

Today, I wrapped gifts and stood in line at the post office. Yikes! I am so wiped after these last few days - I'm heading to bed now! Good night!

12 Kind Words:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Tis the season!! It has been really hectic around here too!!

Your little Santa is such a cutie....love the hat!!

The house looks beautiful....so warm and cozy!! Cannot believe we are only 10 days away...yikes, it is coming too fast!!

Kim said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend..
Love the mantle and the tree in the background..
I stood at the post office today also..
I think they raise postage when Christmas time comes around...lol..
Can't wait to see the pictures of all the little ones..
Have a Great Week..
10 days is tooo soon..
Hugs girly..
Have a Great Week..

Anonymous said...

I love your mantle and tree. It is so cozy!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Your gal is so adorable. We are so behind because of everything that's been going on around here... hectic is new for us. It's a growing experience, for sure. Happy Christmas if I don't "talk" to you again. ;)

Lindsay said...

Briana looks adorable in her hat! Happy Christmas to you all.

Suzie said...

Your house looks beautiful and that is the cutest little santa I've ever seen! Here's hoping that things get less stressful and you can enjoy the holiday!

Catherine said...

What a great weekend of Christmas fun!

Beautiful pic of your mantle and tree....and the one of you and Doug too! Your little Christmas elf is about as cute as they come in her little Santa hat!

RamblingMother said...

Awww sweet pics.

t~ said...

You know Lisa, I looked at that first photo of Briana and thought she was somebody else because she instantly looks grown up. She's certainly growing quickly.
*love your mantle
*Doug and you look adorable.

Donna said...

What a cute little elf!

Susie said...

I don't doubt you are tired. I get extremely tired this time of year. Your home looks warm and comforting...I am sure it is a wonderful place to be. Briana as always is adorable. Thank you for your kind words, they were appreciated.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

What a gorgeous doll she is...

I know I have been away for a while... life is crazy right now...

If I don't get to you later... have a great Xmas...

Take care

Related Posts with Thumbnails