December 3, 2008

Well Checkup - My Healthy Girl

Briana had her 2 year checkup today - even though she will be 28 months on Friday. We are a little off on the schedule due to how many times Bri saw the doctor when she first came home from China. The last time we were there (in May), he said Briana was really healthy and to just come back in six months - which we did. Since Bri came in today so close to her 30 month checkup, he said don't worry about coming in for that one and just come back when she is 3. Yay!

Miss Bri is a very healthy girl. I did talk to the doctor about my questions regarding Briana's speech and he didn't seem concerned at all. He felt she was right on target. He said that when she gets closer to age three and if I am having problems understanding her at that point, then I might want to get it checked out.

Briana is 36 3/4 inches tall and 26 lbs, 2 oz at 28 months. According to the Chinese growth chart, she is 75% across the board. On the US growth chart, she is about 85% for height and 25% for weight. I have had several people tell me they thought Briana was tall for her age, and I guess they were right! Her legs are definitely longer and she has pants that now look like capris to prove it! No wonder I am having problems finding pants that fit her properly.

The doctor's office was out of flu mist, so we went with the flu shot today. Briana cried for only a minute, but once she saw her Bugs Bunny band-aid and when Doug and I told her we would take her out to lunch for being so brave, she stopped. What a trooper! ;)

I'm so glad the appointment is done. Now on to the next thing - Santa Claus. Tomorrow. At the mall. I am going to give it a shot. If Briana isn't feeling it, then I am not going to worry about it. I gotta try though. Wish me luck!

11 Kind Words:

C's Mom said...

Great news!

Wishing you best of luck with the big guy tomorrow :))

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Glad all went well at the check up!! We go on Thursday for Sarah's 2 year appt!!

Good luck tomorrow....I will be thinking of you...can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Love her in those glasses!!

Lisa

Middle-Aged Moi said...

What a blessing to have such a healthy girl!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Wow! I can't believe how tall she is! The Tongginator is only just 41 inches (up from 40 inches a month ago) and she'll be five soon. She might end up being as tall as the Tongginator's bestest friends -- Cinnamon and Spice are in the 99% for height now!

Alyson and Ford said...

Great news about her growth! Yes, tall. She is such a cutie!
Our AA is still very much behind, but I am thinking the same thing, see how she is doing at 3 years old. I seem to want to rush things to know she is growing; we've only been home from China Eight Weeks!

Stop by again for my Christmas Giveaway!
Alyzabeth's Mommy of Ten Weeks!

Angela and Jay said...

So glad you're check up went well! It's always a relief when those are over. :-)

I hope that she likes Santa! Not sure Laney's going to either.

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with Jazzie and finding pants for her: tall and skinny.

Tahlia on the other hand has very short legs and a long torso.

Good luck tomorrow ;-)

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

That is great! SO glad that you have a healthy girl! Good luck with Santa - It took two years but our girl loves the big guy now :D
Ladybug hugs,
;D

Gina (Caleeo) said...

So great that you had a good check up! Our ped has said basically the same thing about my speech concerns.

Good luck with Santa, we haven't tried yet but might on Friday.

Ms. Fricknfrack said...

Fabulous about Bri's check up! We go next week for Moe's 15 mos and I have a feeling he will weigh more than Bri. I think it's all the fish sticks.

Good luck with Santa!

Tracy said...

Sounds like a great appt! Glad to hear all seems well with her speech. She and Charlotte are very close in height and weight - although I think Charlotte is closer to 30 pounds now. Heavy for me to carry - but good for my arms - LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails