I know I have been a little MIA in the blog department lately. One reason is that Doug has been really busy - which means I am really busy with Briana. The second reason is that I am in kind of in a blog funk. Not sure why, but I haven't been feeling it lately. I am sure I will get my mojo back soon. And the third reason is that I am finally getting around to things that I have been wanting to work on. Above you can see that I placed Briana's Gotcha/Metcha day outfit in a shadow box and hung it on the wall.I am currently working on scrapbooking our trip to China (yes, that was back in 2007 and now it is 2009 - ugh). I have so many photos, I decided to split the trip and make three separate albums (Beijing, Chongqing and Guangzhou). I also decided to do them the old fashion way (not digitally). I collected a ton of scrapbooking supplies over the years while waiting for Briana and I need to just use the stuff. I have actually enjoyed cutting the pictures, placing stickers in the books, etc. It's been a lot of fun. I just got the Chongqing part of the trip done. I still have Beijing and Guangzhou to go...

I also wrote a Toddler Lifebook for Briana. I worked really hard on it. I designed it through Shutterfly and I am so pleased with how it turned out. Bri has read it with me a couple of times already (though I am not sure how much she really understands yet). Only a handful of eyes will ever see the inside of this book because it is Briana's private story, but I think it turned out really nice. Hopefully, it will help Briana when she starts to have questions about her first year of life. And in a few years, I will make an older, more detailed version of her Lifebook. For now, this should be helpful.
The one thing that I never did for Briana was collect fabric for a 100 wishes quilt. I didn't (and still don't) know of anyone who could put a blanket together for me. I am kind of sad I didn't do it now. I guess it is never too late, but I still need to think about how I could pull it all together.I also want to put together a book of all the wonderful wishes and good thoughts Doug and I received at referral time. I collected the cards I received and printed out all the good wishes off of my blog and I am going to put them all in one place so Briana can see how excited everyone was to finally "meet" her.
So, I have been keeping busy - finally getting around to things I have been wanting to do. I still have several things on my plate to work on. I guess I better go now. I have some things to do...

17 Kind Words:
Wow, very creative! It is hard to find the time though, isn't it?
I did this with Jazzie and Tahlia's outfits and they make for great conversation pieces :-)
That is wonderful! Your books are great!
I had the Aunt of one of my DTC sisters make our quilt and I love it!
She just friended me on facebook, so if you want to do that...let me know!
that book looks AMAZING!! What an incredible job you did!!!
The Gotcha outfit looks great.
I loose my bloggy mojo ALL.THE.TIME.
I love the shadow box for the outfits...what a treasure!! Sometimes a break is the best thing....and it looks like you have been very productive. Isn't it amazing what you can do when you step away from the computer. I will be seeking your advice in the lifebook department.
Have a great weekend....I know it is a big one...take plenty of pics!!
Lisa
Love this post and your projects!
The shadow box is a wonderful idea. Great job Mom!!
How neat that you're able to put so many of your special times and photos into scrapbooks. Also, Briana's lifebook is an amazing gift that you've created for her. I was priviledged to read a friend's daughter's lifebook a few weeks ago and it gave me shivers. It's a treasure to have her story recorded for her and for her to read in the future.
Love the shadowbox idea of the metcha/gotcha outfit.
Great job on the scrap book and the shutter fly book.
I'm also in the blog funk.
I've been through the blogger funk before. It's okay to step away for a while until you feel ready again. That is so cool you are doing that stuff for Briana. She will love it for sure when she's a little older.
I love what you did with the Shadow box.
Yeah I have not blogged since our vacation recap. So I totally understand you bloggy funk.
i love the idea of the shadow boxes!
Wonderful ideas! And - as for the 100 Good Wishes Quilt - do it now. The Tongginator will receive her quilt this year or next... because we made one for MeiMei and needed to catch up with her. Hee hee. I am sure you will find someone locally. I can't wait to see the completed project. My MIL is putting them together.
LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the books and the outfit in the box....
I need you to help me when the time comes..
The book is very special..
Hugs..
Love ya girly..
Have a great weekend...
I'm so impressed with all you've done. I need to get on the ball. :-)
Wow - you have been busy! The shadow box and memory books are awesome. What a great way to preserve beautiful memories :o)
I had never even thought about doing a shadow box for the gotcha outfit (not like it's happening anytime soon for us). But now I will know what to do with it.
As for the 100 wishes quilt you should still do it but start gathering fabric now. I don't think I'm going to sew Emmy's together when I get around to piecing it. I know there are people that are willing to do it for about $100 - $150. Worth it in my opinion because they're professionals and will do a much better job than I would!
Congrats on getting going on the scrapbooking too. I am so far behind in photos and I really want to get caught up. Just haven't got any creativity juices flowing here.
Funny, I just found three of my leftover wishes and fabic and wrote a post for this week to offer to anyone who is making a OHGWQ. If you want one, let me know (or did I already send one to you?).
I thought it was a wonderful way for friends and familiy to express more love to our daughters.
Alyzabeth's Mommy
Post a Comment