April 22, 2009

The Terra Cotta Army at the High Museum

On Sunday, Doug, Briana and I went to the High Museum to see the Terra Cotta Army exhibit. It was really amazing. I felt it was important for us to see this integral part of China's history. Unfortunately, no pictures were allowed to be taken. :( Briana was fascinated by the exhibit (which actually surprised me) and pointed out lots of things. We hit the very last day of the exhibit. I am so glad we made time in our schedule to see it.

After that exhibit, we ate lunch and then hit the learning center at the High for kids. Bri had an absolute blast there! She did it all - coloring, stacking blocks, playing with magnets, etc. Take a look at a few photos of our day...

Look what I made Mommy - a tower!

Entrance to the High.

She is so proud of herself.

This is a blast!

Our little artiste.

More laughing!

And a shot of a building in Atlanta.

When we go back to China one day, we will definitely be stopping in Xi'an to see the Warriors where they were discovered.

5 Kind Words:

Deb said...

That is very interesting.
Wonderful way to spend a day, love the pics of mini!

Unknown said...

I really want to see that exhibit. A great experience for your family!

Shawnstribe said...

Have you thought at what age you will takeBriana back?
Juls took Amy last Christmas and had quite an amazing experience.
You guys must 'chat' : )
i can'twait to take X X back
xxx
s

Kim said...

How fun...
very interesting..
Have a great evening..

Julie said...

I would really love to see the terra cotta soldiers. When we were in China my husband really wanted to take a side trip to Xi'an but it just didn"t happen.

Related Posts with Thumbnails