This post is going to be quite random. Definitely a bit of this and that.
Briana uses Doug's old iPad as her own now and it had a bunch of apps and documents on it that she didn't play with or look at. I went in an cleaned it all up a few days ago. I pulled a ton of screen shots off of it and put on a few new movies for her. As I was removing the pictures and screen shots, I came across the above picture. I'm not exactly sure what program she used to take it, but it was so cool. Gosh, look at her lips. I would love to have beautiful, pouty lips like that.
And below, Briana was showing me how to meditate one day before doing her homework. She said that this is how people relax in China. Heh. So whenever she is being timed for her fluency words, she now uses this technique to calm herself before she starts. She is the biggest hoot...
As you know, Miss B was not feeling the best on Monday and Tuesday. She had her yearly checkup with her pediatric ophthalmologist Tuesday morning. The appointment took twice at long as I thought (she had to have her eyes dilated), so I am so glad I made the call anyway to take her home once the appointment was over. B said she was STARVING after the appointment, so we made a quick stop at Panera Bread for some soup. We sat and ate for a short while and amazingly another China adoption mom and her adorable son came in and sat right next to us. We introduced ourselves and had a nice talk. It was so nice to meet her!
After lunch, I got Bri back in the car and made the trek home (the doctor is about 35 minutes away). My daughter that NEVER sleeps in the day looked like this on the way home...
The good news about Bri's appointment is that her eyes are working together now wonderfully. Last year, the doctor was a bit concerned that B's right eye was slightly weak and that she might need to wear a patch. But, he didn't feel that the eye was weak enough to warrant that. He says now that the eye has corrected itself. With a slight adjustment of Briana's glasses (I pick up her new lenses next week), Bri should be able to see 20/20 with her glasses. I asked what her vision is now when she is not wearing them. He said she is around 20/40 or 20/50 in each eye. There is no doubt she needs glasses.
Before Bri started feeling badly, we had our friends Khalid, Ansu and Kira over to watch the Falcons in the NFC Championship on Sunday night. We were disappointed the Falcons lost, but we still had a fun night. The girls played in Bri's playroom and watched some TV...
On Friday, I finally did something for myself. I always put myself last on the list when it comes to any type of pampering - other than a chiropractic adjustment once in a while.
I finally got my hair cut and colored after 10 months of neglecting myself...
The second picture is the truer color. Boy - it is so nice to get rid of those pesky gray hairs! I know I am almost 40, but I don't need my hair to reflect it!
Saturday night, Doug and I had a date night! And Miss B went over to Gramma and Papa's house for a sleepover. We went to a delicious restaurant and for dessert, I ordered these yummy hot fudge covered cream puffs. To die for...
I am sure my mom took a billion photos of Bri's sleepover Saturday night/Sunday morning. As soon as she sends them to me, I will post a few.
We are at the end of the week now and I am hearing that it could possibly ice over some in my neck of the woods tomorrow. Ice is the worst. So I am really hoping that is won't happen!!!





.jpg)

3 Kind Words:
Hope Bri is feeling much better. Great update and cute hair cut.
Loved the randomness of this post. Hope little Miss bouncy is all better.
lol I was doing my marking in the staff room the other day and someone didn't recognise me as all they could see was my grey hairs as I was bent over my work! I hear you on the issue of hair neglect and putting oneself last on the list! Good for you that you made time for yourself!
Post a Comment