June 2, 2013

First Week of Summer Break

The first week of summer break was quite a success. After the full day we had on Memorial Day Monday, we just took it easy and stayed close to home on Tuesday.

Wednesday, Briana had her very first private speech therapy session. It went well, but I did find out from the therapist that Briana has very large tonsils. That might be a culprit as to why she has difficulty saying her "r" sounds. I don't think Briana has ever had a sore throat in her life, so I never need to look in her throat. I also don't know what a good size tonsil should be. So, I need to make an appointment with her pediatrician and get his opinion on the matter.

After the therapy session, we had a fantastic invitation by Coach Kari to go swimming with her and her kids (Bri's friends G and R) in their neighborhood pool. Bri's soccer buddy A and her sister R also joined in the fun. Their pool is awesome with capital "A"!!!




A, G and Briana...

The water was absolutely freezing, but the girls braved it for hours and had a blast!

Thursday, Briana had a dentist appointment. She decided to wear her new dress that day. And she asked for pictures outside (seriously - it was her idea)...



The dentist office is really neat. There are computer games in the front while you wait...

As well as some toys...

Once inside, there are movies playing for the kids...

Briana had a total clean bill of health. No cavities, no problems. I told him she had been grinding her teeth a bit a night, but he said it is a kid thing and she should outgrow it. Thank goodness!

Right across the street from the dentist is an outdoor mall. Time for lunch, shopping and throwing coins in a fountain...





Friday, we spent the day at V and I's house - lunch, swimming, trampoline jumping and swinging were in order...


The littles also decided to try some press on nails for fun...



Then the girls crafted and colored the rest of the afternoon...


The girls both realized that they couldn't do much with press on nails, so those came off about a half an hour after they went on - LOL! The mamas also had a fabulous time chatting the day away. :)

And on Saturday, it was Home Depot Kid Workshop time...


The kids made lawn mower pencil boxes...



It was quite warm standing the in sun in that parking lot. This was the first time I joined Briana and Doug for a HD workshop. Usually it is inside. We were not expecting the heat. Bri made her craft quickly and we went back inside. We needed a few flowers for some planters as well, so we picked out a few pretty ones.

So I would say it was a great (and very full) week. A big thank you to everyone that hosted us throughout the week - we really can't thank you enough.

Unfortunately, I have been battling my gastroparesis disorder lately (slow emptying of the stomach). I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago. I had not had any problems in over a year and then a couple of months ago, I started experiencing on and off discomfort again. But I've been a bit more uncomfortable (bloating and fullness after I eat - even if I don't eat much) for the last several weeks. It doesn't stop me from doing things, but I certainly feel uncomfortable quite often. I pray that I can get it under control and that I will feel better soon. It is a chronic condition with no known cure. I just need to eat smaller meals, keep taking my medication and try to get over this attack. I really am enjoying summer, but I know I would be enjoying it even more if I didn't have this underlying icky feeling. :( 

Despite all that, I truly am looking forward to another super fun week with my girl!

3 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

Hi Lisa, love to read about a "week in your lives". So different from ours, mainly due to the lovely warm weather you have! We havent really started our summer heat up yet and certainly the idea of swimming outside.........brrr!!!
I hope you feel better soon :)

Andreea Hellen Red said...

I love this post,soo much fun!:) B is a happy and lucky girl!And you are a lucky mom,so feel better soon!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

WOW! Y'all are having a ball!!! Hope you enjoy every single day!!! Blessings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails