After the crazy week we had last week, Doug, Bri and I decided to have a quiet 4th - just the three of us. It has been pretty quiet and rainy this whole week, so it was perfect for us to chill out.
Briana dressed up in her 4th best...
Look at the bling on these shoes. She fell in love with them the other day (and so did I) - such Bri shoes...
My little 4th nook...
Every year, Dianjiang Kids International (Briana was born in Dianjiang) creates a calendar of Dianjiang cuties and the proceeds go to the organization. I submit photos every year. I submitted several photos Briana late last year (she is in other parts of this calendar too) and one of Bri and me. The one of Bri and I ended up in the month of July...
I bought movie tickets the night before (thank goodness I did because the movie sold out as well as several other movies) and we saw Despicable Me 2. It was awesome! A perfect thing to do on a rainy 4th. The theater was very crowded though! Still so fun...
We got home mid afternoon and chilled out. Bri and I decided to light a few sparklers before dinner...
We were still kind of full from lunch and the popcorn at the movie, so we had a light supper. Bri built her own sandwich. Which she is very proud of as you can see - LOL...
July 4th cookie cake...
After dinner, we sat down and watched "A Capitol Fourth." The fireworks in my area were canceled due to rain...
I loved the show. Both Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond performed. My cup runneth over!! (Most of you know I am a Fanilow and I love ND too. Don't judge. I promise I am still cool. LOL!)
And yes I took pictures of the show for the blog. Doug was laughing at me...
This is how interested Briana was in the performances. That is her iPad. A Fanilow she is not. Ahem...
We paused the show on our DVR because it was fireworks time...
IT'S FIREWORKS TIME!!!!
A few displays...
Doug let Bri help him light just one...
Finishing up the sparklers...
We came back inside and I put Bri in a quick shower. It was pretty late. We watched a bit of the NY fireworks show on TV after that. Briana was unfortunately getting more and more wound up as the night went on and we were trying to unwind her a bit but she wasn't listening too well.
She finally got in a bit of trouble for not listening. I told her to go to her room and brush her teeth before bed. She ran ahead of me to her room and as I started down the hall, I saw her stick her tongue out at me. I knew it wasn't for me to see, but I caught her. And I yelled down the hall telling her I caught her. She got in a bit more trouble after that. I am learning how to use mother's guilt (ladies - don't act like you haven't done it - LOL!) and told Briana I tried to give her a really good day and that was the thanks I got for it (gosh I am good). She started to cry and felt really badly. She is very sensitive and has a conscience (which is a good thing), so sometimes a little guilt works as a better lesson than scolding her. The reason I am telling this story is because I like to keep this blog real and I don't want to pretend like we are perfect over here - because we definitely are not.
Honestly, we had a great day despite the hiccup in the evening. We kissed and made up last night before bed - so all was good.
Hope you all had a happy and safe 4th!


















2 Kind Words:
Thanks for keeping it "real" Lisa. I find it very off putting to read "too perfect posts"!!!!!
And that old "not listening" is a BIG issue here in our house at present too! I dont think there is anything wrong with using a bit of mom guilt either - we gotta do what we gotta do.
I agree, thanks for keeping it real.
Looks like a fun night.
Fanilow??? Never heard that expression but then again not so much of one myself but not judging.
I LOVE Bri's sandals.
Post a Comment