December 21, 2014

Christmas Decorations

I really did the house up this year with Christmas decorations. Briana loves it so much ~ it's a lot of work, but I don't mind doing it for her.

The whole decorating thing for us starts with a live tree (we always go pick one out on Thanksgiving weekend)...

Briana loves looking for a tree. We disagreed on which tree to pick this year. Doug and I liked the one we ended up buying and Bri liked a different one. She got outvoted, but it didn't damper her spirit...


It was freezing the night we picked our tree. Doug and Bri kept going back inside the store to warm up (we went to Pike's Nursery). They had free hot cider to help keep warm and Bri loved that...

We bought this one and I put the lights up...

A few days later, I decorated it...

It is such a pretty tree and I am so happy with it.

My fireplace, carolers, light up houses and tree...

The day after Thanksgiving, Bri and I decorated the artificial tree that I put up in my master bedroom sitting area...



 We also decorated our special China-themed tree (which is in the dining room)...



This is the little tree that is in Bri's playroom (it has Looney Toons characters on it)...

And this is the tiny tree in Bri's bedroom. This is tree I used to put up in my room when I was a kid. I asked Bri a while back if she wanted a bigger tree or one that was pink or something like that. She said she wanted to keep this one. She is a sentimental thing like her mama...

Besides the trees, we have a Christmas Lego village (that Bri pretty much built all by herself over the past few years)...


An assortment of light up snowmen...

Nutcrackers...

And angels...

And while Bri and I were decorating inside, Doug was taking care of our outside...

He did an amazing job.


And since the day after Thanksgiving, our little friend Red has visited daily. He has been all over our house bringing much joy to a very excitable 8 year old.

More on that in my next post. :)

1 Kind Words:

Catherine said...

So much love and beauty in your Christmas decorations!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails