July 13, 2016

Blueberry Pickin' - Year 9!

 If you have read my blog for long enough, you know that B and I love picking blueberries in the summertime. It is one of our favorite traditions. And once again, we were luckily able to set up a picking date with good friends and annual blueberry picking partners Kathy and Chani.

 Here are links to all of our previous years of picking...


I wasn't sure if we would be able to pick this year ~ you just never know with weather conditions if the berries will be ready when you are. I had been checking periodically on the FB page and website to see when/if they would open but never saw any updates. Luckily, Kathy checked the website at the perfect time and saw the farm would be open on July 1 - for the July 4th weekend. We decided to be there on day 1 (the last few years, we have dealt with some slim pickings).

Bri and I met Kathy and Chani at the farm at 9AM ~ before big crowds and too much heat.

The farm was so pretty that morning...



Bri indulged me and posed for a couple of pics before the girls showed up...


Kathy and Chani soon arrived and we were ready for picking...

Off to the bushes...

Bri was smiling the whole time ~ the berries were huge and plentiful. It's the best picking I've seen in years...

The girls love it...

Big, beautiful berries...



Showing me their loot (including Kathy)...

After paying for our berries, the girls posed for a few more pictures...



Look at all the delicious berries we picked. They were so good...

I really hope that we can find a way to pick again next year - I would love to get to year 10!!!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails