April 29, 2017

End Of Milestones Testing

For two weeks in April, kids all over Georgia are required to take the GA Milestones test. It sucks. I hate that Briana has to do this every year. Since she has taken it the past two years, she knew what to expect this year and wasn't as stressed (thank goodness). Parents can have their kids "opt out", but Bri has done well enough each year for me to feel ok enough for her to take it. 

Let me tell you - she was happy on the last day of testing!

She started doing a little dance and it reminded me of a promo from OITNB (Hallelujah!!!)...

I don't know if any of you reading this are familiar with a show called "iCarly." Bri has watched a bunch of episodes, and I asked her why the characters always eat "spaghetti tacos" (it's a running joke on the show).

Bri then asked me if she could try some for dinner on of her last day of testing. I obliged. She absolutely loved them. I knew I would not and did not partake. It seemed super gross to me - LOL! 

Here's the proof she liked them...

She announced that she would only eat spaghetti this way from that moment forward. Good grief!

Now that Milestones is over, the kids are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of 5th grade. May is going to be crazy ~ field trips, field day, parties, graduation, etc. They are going to be a bit scatterbrained for the next few weeks.

Bri's teachers asked the parents to provide fun baskets for a "good behavior" raffle. The kids earn tickets for good behavior and can "bid" on the basket they hope to win. Hopefully, this will keep them all in line through May. ;)

I turned in a "girly" basket...


0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails