January 5, 2018

Jam-Pack Fall Post (Including Thanksgiving)

Another jam-packed post! I am trying to catch up with all the highlights from the month of November.

One of Briana's favorite things to do in the fall is blow and rake leaves with Doug so she can jump in a huge leaf pile.

Look at the size of some of these leaves (these huge ones blew into our yard from the nature area across the street)...

Huge pile - time to jump!!!


Totally covered...


Videos of Bri's jump and her being a "leaf monster"...




Then Doug decided to blow off some of the leaves from Briana herself...


After cleaning the yard, D and B put out my scarecrows...



This tree below is one of my favorites in the neighborhood in the autumn...

The trees were even pretty in parking lots...

I have an annual tradition of visiting my old high school's craft fair each November. I've been with friends (including my friend Carole) and by myself. I have also gone with my mom and sister. Unfortunately this year, my sister wasn't able to go because she got sick, but my mom was still able to join me and Bri.

All smiles for shopping...

Bri (holding a crocheted bear she bought) and Gramma...

Me and my gal...


One of my favorite booths...

Look at all those vendors...

Taking a rest in the bleachers...

I bought B this cute necklace...

Two days before Thanksgiving, Bri and I headed over to a pottery painting studio. This is another tradition of ours. Bri paints a mug for Doug every year for Christmas. We stopped at Chick Fil A for breakfast before we hit the studio...

Bri made Doug the most awesome mug - I'll reveal in my Christmas post...

She also wanted to paint a bowl for Gramma and Papa...

Finally, Thanksgiving rolled around. My parents and my sister, BIL and nephews all came over to my house to celebrate. It was turkey time...

 Our family...


Doug was less than thrilled when I made him put on this apron and hat...

Look at this project Briana did below. She wanted to make something for our Thanksgiving table, so she made a turkey cup holder for every person in our family. It took her two days, but she cut out everything freehand. They turned out so freaking adorable...




Of course, we had to watch the Macy's parade...



Then it was food time. It was so delicious...

This girl was ready to eat...

After eating turkey and pie, the kids got some "start to the Christmas season" presents...

 Bri got a book and ornament from Gramma and a stuffed bear from Aunt Amy...

Then the kids pulled the wishbone...

Bri against the cousins. Bri's streak finally ended after several years of winning!

The one big thing that didn't happen this past November was our annual visit to mall Santa. We visited every year right before Thanksgiving since Bri came home with us from China. 10 years. And this year, Bri said she was just too old. I knew it was coming, but it was still difficult to accept (2007-2016)...

Thankfully, Briana still wanted to help us pick out our real Christmas tree right after Thanksgiving...

And Red the Elf returned as well...

I'll write more on our Christmas trees and elf adventures in my future posts!

Whew - this post was a long one. Thanks for reading!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails