School started on August 1 before Bri's birthday (as it does every year), but I think I'll recap her birthday festivities before I get into "everything about school."
Briana's 12th birthday landed on a Sunday this year and she was super happy about that. She wanted a low key, relaxing day. Her only request was that Gramma and Papa come and have Chinese food with us for dinner that evening.
Briana's 12th birthday landed on a Sunday this year and she was super happy about that. She wanted a low key, relaxing day. Her only request was that Gramma and Papa come and have Chinese food with us for dinner that evening.
She woke up to her traditional birthday balloons in her bedroom...
I decorated the kitchen...
She got a special birthday dessert at the Chinese restaurant...
The funny part of the evening...my fortune cookies. I somehow got two fortune cookies wrapped in one wrapper. I thought -
that's kind of weird but it's cool because I am going to get two
fortunes! I opened the first cookie and I thought "What a great fortune!
I need to stand firmly by my convictions!" And then I opened the second
cookie. The second cookie said "Ignore previous cookie." No joke! My
family couldn't stop cracking up!
Briana didn't want a cake this year for her birthday, she wanted brownies...
Happy Birthday my sweet girl...
She was showered with gifts...
I cannot believe I have a 12 year old in my house! Next year, she will officially be a teenager! Time is flying so fast. I wish it would slow down just a little!
















0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment