September 7, 2018

Our Life Without Soccer

So how's our life going without soccer?

This is going to sound weird, but...I don't really miss soccer all that much. I know - it's crazy. I thought I would be more sad. And I don't think Bri really misses it all that much either. She hadn't been feeling it for while. I mean, I do miss watching her play (when she was into it), I do miss the friends we made, and I'm grateful for the experience she had, but overall, I don't really miss it as much as I thought I would. Actually, I kind of feel like we have our lives back.

The work load in 7th has been harder for sure. Bri has had homework to do on the weekends and she has homework every day after school...

We have been filling our weekends with movies...

Yummy meals out...

(If this statement were only true - LOL!)...

We've perused bookstores...

Had a haircut...


Attended a concert (more on that in another post)...

Visited a scary Halloween store...


Ate Thai ice cream...



And went to a fair (more on that soon)...

And you all know Bri loves her down time. She's had plenty of that on the weekends too.

Bri plans to join running club again and wants to run a 5K or two during the school year. And she will have to do a certain number of hours of volunteer work for Beta Club - which she will have time for now on the weekends.

If Bri had loved every minute of playing soccer, then I would have continued to do my soccer mom duties and would have been at each and every game with bells on. It's just not her thing anymore and that is ok. I've made peace with it. I'll say I miss it a little, but I'm surprisingly not grieving over it.

I'll let you know how running club and Beta club are going in a few weeks.

 Do you know what we have planned for this weekend? I'm not sure yet! The sky is the limit!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails